Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Crystal White

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Sapphire Blue

Votes: 10 23.8%

Help with colour choice…

11K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  s2mikey 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! My first day and first post here. Put my deposit down yesterday for my 22’ BRZ. Was going to go with the GR but my local Toyota dealer had no clue when they could get one and the Subaru dealer could give me exact dates and was all around a better experience. All that said I have picked my trim and options but NOT the colour. Vehicle won’t be ordered until Jan 3rd so I do have some time 59 decide. For me it’s between WR Blue Pearl, Crystal White Pearl and Sapphire Blue Pearl! Let me know what you guys have ordered and cast your vote! Thank you!

#8 ·
I vote white. I honestly think all colors look good on these cars. The lighter colors however like white and silver show off the curves and body lines much more. My personal taste would not allow me to pick a blue paint with all the red accents in the interior. The red interior works with every other exterior color. It clashes with the blues. Thats just me. Im sure others feel its fine.

#16 ·
My personal taste would not allow me to pick a blue paint with all the red accents in the interior. The red interior works with every other exterior color. It clashes with the blues. That's just me. I'm sure others feel its fine.
Before I ordered Sapphire Blue Pearl, I considered whether or not it would complement red interior accents. I looked at the Chris Craft Launch 27 and decided that it works.

#17 ·
A few thoughts from my own experiences:

Had a 2017 WRX STI in WRB. It's amazing color that shifts a little bit depending on the ambient light. Never had to worry about any color matching, the only downside to WRB is that it's bold. Everyone would know when I was at work because my car stuck out. Granted it was a lowered STI with a giant wing, so maybe WRB wasn't entirely to blame. It's a great color and unique to Subaru. I believe it's a tri-coat and looked really nice just before sunset.

I'm not sure how much lighter or darker MGM is vs. Subaru's previous Graphite Grey Pearl (GGP). It's an easy color to match, in fact, a friend's kid scratched my car with their bike (the horror!) and a body shop was able to touch up the scratches extremely well without repainting the panel, really easy to maintain and hid dirt pretty well too. I think the gray (or any of the colors) would really pop if you have the black trim pieces removed and sprayed in gloss black vs. the matte color. Had a sparkle to it, especially when freshly washed. I originally wanted black, but the dealer pulled some shenanigans and the next dealer over was straight shooter with a grey WRX in stock, ended up loving the color even though it wasn't on my radar initially. Grey with gloss black accents and bronze wheels looks pretty amazing IMO.

The Silver and Red are used a lot in the press materials and both look great.

I ordered CWP this time, although i'm still thinking I should have gotten silver, grey, or even red. The bottom line is they're all great and I don't see any dud colors. My plan with CWP is to wrap the roof black, tint the windows, and maybe throw on black wheels for a black/white theme.

#21 ·
@22Brz I face the same problem in my 124 Spider. The thing is like a motorcycle to pickups and SUVs: invisible. I also ride a motorcycle and when I'm in the Spider I see the same behaviors from other drivers, primarily turning left in front of me when approaching or pulling out on the right in front of me. I'm alert to these behaviors so it's nothing new but it was a little unexpected. My 124 is also dark gray.

A good countermeasure is one that I also use when riding a motorcycle: daytime high beams. The reduction in violations of my right-of-way is dramatic. Yet, I am rarely flashed by other drivers for running high beams. That's because my headlights are much lower than the eyes of most other drives in the US. So it's enough brightness to be seen but not enough to annoy or distract other drivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.