Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I've been rummaging around here for a while now but decided to finally join up. Like most, I'm very excited to get into a 22 GR86. Currently am driving a 19 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro but need something a little more fun to drive, especially to run through the gears haha. Looking forward to having a good time here!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! and yes that's it! It's not going anywhere. Need a winter car up here haha plan is to lease the GR86 and potentially import my dream car when it's up. Evo 5 or 6. We'll see how things go tho, maybe I'll fall in love with the 86 and buy it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! It will be my first. I've driven a couple of auto current gens but never owned one myself. Unless you count a CVT FWD Lancer lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thanks! It will be my first. I've driven a couple of auto current gens but never owned one myself. Unless you count a CVT FWD Lancer lol
Nice.
Do you see yourself modifying it? Especially now after we've seen some tuning concepts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the only thing I can really see is putting in an intake and an exhaust. Unless I do change my mind and decide to keep it then who knows. The 4Runner was going to be the same sorta deal and I'm waiting on the supercharger so you know how that goes

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think the only thing I can really see is putting in an intake and an exhaust. Unless I do change my mind and decide to keep it then who knows. The 4Runner was going to be the same sorta deal and I'm waiting on the supercharger so you know how that goes
That's a good start. The new generation 86 and BRZ already seems like a big step up from the outgoing one, so at least there's still a lot to experience. How long do you plan to own one for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I'm hoping to lease it for 2 or 3 years. My dream car is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 5 or 6 and that will be eligible for import right about the time the lease will be over. I like having a car that is unique so we'll see how many new 86s there are around my area lol that's the biggest reason I wouldn't get a current generation. There are too many of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts