Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Looking forward to the new GR86 coming to the U.K. , hopefully with the automatic. I took the opportunity to test drive a Blue Edition GT86 with the automatic and found the gearbox was fine, not as quick to change as a VAG DSG but still very good and still way quicker than I could have changed gear when in manual mode. The engine was nice , enough power for me , but felt it had a “flat spot“ mid rev range but from what I’ve read the new engine should sort that out. The only other thing I didn‘t like was the dash display and small infotainment screen , both look much better in the GR86. Looking forward to seeing more on the GR86 in the coming weeks and month.

Andy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Welcome to the forum @AndyRC! Yup the new 2.4L engine is going to give us much more torque in the low range than in the one you test drove. Is the GR86 going to be a daily driver for you or a secondary car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. It will be a second car, we have something a bit more mundane for day to day. The GT86 I drove would have been just fine without the feeling of an engine flat spot, enough power for me and cornered really nicely 🙂

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should have also said I hope they offer the “Edition” blue on the new GR86 , it looked great in the flesh and one I’d opt for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts