Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone - big fan of the BRZ/GT86/FRS/GR86 and happy to be here......

Always wanted one, but just couldn't bring myself to do it, so I bought a 2017 Chevy SS manual instead.

All the issues I have with the Gen 1 GT86/BRZ has been addressed with the Gen 2, and am not looking at leaving the SS to get a GR86 manual.

....would love to see SACH dampers and Brembos available on the GR86!

-Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't a fan of the torque dip and power from the Gen 1 engine. Also, the looks weren't quite enough to get me to buy a first gen car. All the issues that prevented me from purchasing a first-gen car have been rectified with the 2022 model.

My SS is 100% stock aside from the skip-shift feature I installed. It's a wonderful car, but I swing toward the Lotus end of the sport car spectrum; thus my renewed interest in the GR86.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the torque dip and power from the Gen 1 engine. Also, the looks weren't quite enough to get me to buy a first gen car. All the issues that prevented me from purchasing a first-gen car have been rectified with the 2022 model.

My SS is 100% stock aside from the skip-shift feature I installed. It's a wonderful car, but I swing toward the Lotus end of the sport car spectrum; thus my renewed interest in the GR86.
Yeah I think the new design is more suited for a car like the GR86/BRZ than the first gen cars. As for the engine all reviews so far say that the torque dip is a thing of the past which is great.

It'll be quite the contrast to have both the SS and GR86 in your garage. You'll be covered depending on the mood you're in haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the confusion - the GR86 would replace the SS. Yes, two vastly different cars but I’ve always favored smaller lighter cars over larger ones.

But agree they are vastly different - and once the SS is sold, you’re not getting one again as they have been out of production for 3-4 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts