Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
In line for a 22 Neptune Blue GR86 Manual
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Been reading through the forums a lot the past few weeks and decided to make an account here. I currently own a 2016 FRS, in automatic (i know i know please spare me) and with the used car market im really looking into selling my car and getting a gen 2 in manual. At first I wanted the BRZ because I figured it would be easier to take it to a subaru dealer if anything happens, and I like the boomerang headlights, but man the neptune blue on the 86 has me hooked. Contacted my local toyota dealer and they don't have any info on the gr86, so hoping to see if that changes for them on the 11th. I'm excited but also nervous, hoping they don't go too far over MSRP! Anyway I love this platform and I'm happy to be here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Kushkaki!
Were you able to at least get on waiting list for when order books open locally?
Anything done to your FR-S?
Thanks for the welcome apex! No waiting list or anything, the dealer Im talking to didn't bring it up so I'm assuming they just don't know much about the car so going to contact them again around the 11th. My current FRS has JDL UEL headers, stage 2+ tune, Invidia Q300 Catback, a duckbill spoiler, and ofcourse the Valenti tail lights lol. Just wanted to try and fix the torque dip and and have a good sound while not being obnoxiously loud. With the second gen since the torque dip is gone I plan on keeping it stock during the warranty period, maybe a catback but we'll see. Eventually I'd like to get UEL headers simply because I grew to love the sound of it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11/8 Update, I contacted another toyota dealership and I still can't tell if I'm dreaming or not, because they told me that they have a waiting list for the cars with refundable deposits, and an assurance of no "market based adjustments" above MSRP. I've been kinda stunlocked, but this week I gotta get workin on swapping parts back to stock and selling the FRS. It would be real nice if my catback fits on the new car, I think burnt tips would pair amazing with the neptune blue. At this point I'm just hoping it won't take too long for the car to get here now!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from the dealership and got my deposit in! They said im fourth on the list for Premium Manual Neptune Blue. Couldn't be more excited

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.