Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm currently shopping around for a GR86. I've been lurking around for several months, using the forum to keep up to date on any GR86 news and all. Really nice community that everyone has built here, and I can't wait to finally get my own 86 and be a part of that. The only issue is, I'm super particular about getting a manual, base model GR86 in Trueno Blue (hence the name haha) but I can't seem to find any allocations.

I've called several dealerships in my area, and all of them are saying that I can put down a deposit for an "order" that isn't really an order. They're basically saying that I can put down anywhere between $500-$1000 dollars and give them the specifications that I want, and then if a car that matches those specifications comes through, then they'll put my name down on it immediately. Is this the right way to go? Does anyone have any tips? I'm really looking for any sort of help or information I can get and would really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
Ordered a 22 Neptune Blue GR86 Manual
71 Posts
AFAIK, unless you want to wait and hope one shows up on a lot that’s not allocated to someone, yes you’ll need to put a deposit in. Not too sure about PA but make sure whichever dealer you go with that the deposit is refundable, and try to figure out if they’ll sell at MSRP or not so you don’t end up waiting months for the car only to have they dick you up and down with extra fees.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK, unless you want to wait and hope one shows up on a lot that’s not allocated to someone, yes you’ll need to put a deposit in. Not too sure about PA but make sure whichever dealer you go with that the deposit is refundable, and try to figure out if they’ll sell at MSRP or not so you don’t end up waiting months for the car only to have they dick you up and down with extra fees.
Thanks man, that's pretty helpful. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Curious what part of PA are you from? As I am also from PA. I know a dealer that is getting in a white premium manual with no markup that I do not believe is spoken for yet and it should be in any day now.

As for myself I put a deposit on one already and was told I would get the first one to come in to that dealership but after checking their website looks like they are getting a white automatic base model which is pretty much the opposite of the one that I want. Hopefully the rest of the process goes smoothly and I am able to get the one that I want with no dealer ad ons like I was promised and msrp. It would be a bonus if I am able to take delivery either before the salt goes on the roads or after it is gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious what part of PA are you from? As I am also from PA. I know a dealer that is getting in a white premium manual with no markup that I do not believe is spoken for yet and it should be in any day now.

As for myself I put a deposit on one already and was told I would get the first one to come in to that dealership but after checking their website looks like they are getting a white automatic base model which is pretty much the opposite of the one that I want. Hopefully the rest of the process goes smoothly and I am able to get the one that I want with no dealer ad ons like I was promised and msrp. It would be a bonus if I am able to take delivery either before the salt goes on the roads or after it is gone.
I'm in Southeast PA around Philadelphia. Nice to see someone else from PA. Here's to hoping we can find our cars soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome!! I am also in the southeast PA, I put my order in at TEAM Toyota in Glenn Mills because I know a tech there. Still have not gotten vin or anything like that yet.

The dealership that has the white premium is in Mechanicsburg if that happens to be the color and options you are looking for.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sup fellas, I'm near Allentown. I see Glen Mills shows 2 halo cars one cars.com, base auto and a premium manual. Only the auto is showing on their website though.

Mine was due at port yesterday, but I haven't heard anything else yet. 🤞

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m new here too. I’m just outside Philly. What’s a good Toyota dealer around here? Looking for a premium manual and minimal add ons. Don’t need it badly enough to pay a markup since it would be mostly a weekend car. Haven’t made up my mind on colors but the Neptune blue looks pretty good…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts