Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I had purchased a BRZ back in April 2020. I knew that the 2nd gen twins would be coming soon but not much information was released at the time so I decided to go ahead and purchase a completely stock 2013 BRZ limited. I participated in several autox events and an HPDE event during that time. Once more information on the new twins came out, I decided to part out in preparations for getting the new one. My wife and I both work from home so the plan is just to use her car in the meantime.

Anyways, here's the car when I first got it.

Here's how it looked before the part out.

Looking forward to getting one of the new twins. Haven't fully decided which one I'm going with yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Copy! I like what you did to your BRZ. Especially the body kit. What kind of performance mods did you add?

Are you planning on getting another BRZ or switching to GR86?
Thanks! As far as power goes, I had an UEL header and full exhaust system on an e85 tune.

I am pretty much torn between the two. I like the front of the GR86 better. It will more than likely come down to whichever one offers Brembo's first. lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks! As far as power goes, I had an UEL header and full exhaust system on an e85 tune.

I am pretty much torn between the two. I like the front of the GR86 better. It will more than likely come down to whichever one offers Brembo's first. lol
I'm the same way, the more I think about it the more I end up flip flopping between the two. I might just come down to which one I can get behind the wheel first haha. Do you think you'll add similar mods to the new car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm the same way, the more I think about it the more I end up flip flopping between the two. I might just come down to which one I can get behind the wheel first haha. Do you think you'll add similar mods to the new car?
Yeah, I understand. I may keep it stock for a little bit before modding the car. I regret modding the car so quickly before actually getting a feel for the car. I had coilovers, lower control arms, wheels and tires after a month of owning the car.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, I understand. I may keep it stock for a little bit before modding the car. I regret modding the car so quickly before actually getting a feel for the car. I had coilovers, lower control arms, wheels and tires after a month of owning the car.
I think that's something that gets looked over a lot by people. You need to be able to get an understanding of what the car is like first before going straight to mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts