Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport-Tech 6MT, WR Blue
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received the car from the dealer Nov 25 2021, I finally have some decent (clean) pictures of the car. This is actually from when it was ceramic coated yesterday. Since it's snowing and there's already salt down on the roads, these may be the last time it's perfectly clean until Spring 2022 :(

Happened/Happening:
  • Crystal Serum Light
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror
  • Blizzak 225/40R18 WS90 tires (mounted on stock rims)

Intentions:
  • exhaust
  • summer rims
  • evaluate and optionally modify:
    • suspension
    • brakes
    • engine (power) mods.

Anyway.. here are some "it is clean and shiny" pics..

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport Tech 6MT Crystal White Pearl
122 Posts
That looks soooo shiny. We may pass each other at some point, keep your eyes open for a Dude that kinda looks like the Big Lebowski driving a white Sport Tech. I am around the Georgetown, Milton and Oakville area often.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Sport Tech 6MT Crystal White Pearl
122 Posts
I found it at Touge Tuning - Subaru and Forced Induction Performance Shop

I know of other stores in Ontario that sell parts but I couldn't find HKS at them.
That sounds great. I would like to do something like at some point with mine. My biggest concern it that they don’t get too boomy when holding rpm for a while like on a road trip or the highway for an extended time. It is a problem I have encounter in the past with motorcycles. It can make a long drive feel much longer and get annoying. As I am writing this I feel old, 20 years ago I would have made it as loud as possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds great. I would like to do something like at some point with mine. My biggest concern it that they don’t get too boomy when holding rpm for a while like on a road trip or the highway for an extended time. It is a problem I have encounter in the past with motorcycles. It can make a long drive feel much longer and get annoying. As I am writing this I feel old, 20 years ago I would have made it as loud as possible.
I worry about road trips also. From what I've researched the HKS exhausts don't have a drone issue and the exhaust note is civilized when not under load or full RPM. Its why I'm staying away from some of the louder exhaust products. For example, search youtube for "MXP 2022 BRZ" and find the video from the last couple of days. To much for my liking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow I'm out the door on my 86 for 44k at my dealership. Not sure if the Toyota is worth 5k - 6k more than the subie.
Just looked at the Toyota website, you should pay roughly the same as me. The dealer fees are unknown, but the government fees and delivery is basically the same. Did the dealer add some sort of markup to the invoice??

Here's a screenshot of the Toyota website as of this morning for a Red 6MT Premium. The fees match mine.. and I paid an extra 400 to the dealer in "b.s.", and assuming the same, so you should hit about 37+tax??

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Magenta

Attachments

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
376 Posts
Hey man, didn't see your post till now. Congrats on your Brz! Hopefully we will see each other in the future!.. even though I'm in Markham.. Oakville is a long ways to drive LOL.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.