Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Tundra TRD Sport; Suzuki Samurai JX
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone? My name is Will and I am new to the forum. I am not a current GR86 owner, but probably like many of you, am on the hunt for one. I wanted to get a jump start on my research and getting to know the community. I eagerly awaiting the day that I can find and reserve a GR86 Premium in Halo White with a manual transmission. I come from a long line of vehicle ownership and competing in SCCA. I plan on starting a journal for the new GR86 and will post pictures of the previous cars there but thought id name a few here to see if I share similar previous ownership with anyone on here.
  • 2019 Toyota Tundra
  • 1987 Suzuki Samurai
  • 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
  • 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
  • 2005 Subaru WRX STI (prepped to compete in ASP, SCCA)
  • 2007 Lotus Exige S

·
Registered
2018 Fiesta ST, 2019 Shelby GT350R
197 Posts
What's up everyone? My name is Will and I am new to the forum. I am not a current GR86 owner, but probably like many of you, am on the hunt for one. I wanted to get a jump start on my research and getting to know the community. I eagerly awaiting the day that I can find and reserve a GR86 Premium in Halo White with a manual transmission. I come from a long line of vehicle ownership and competing in SCCA. I plan on starting a journal for the new GR86 and will post pictures of the previous cars there but thought id name a few here to see if I share similar previous ownership with anyone on here.
  • 2019 Toyota Tundra
  • 1987 Suzuki Samurai
  • 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
  • 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU
  • 2005 Subaru WRX STI (prepped to compete in ASP, SCCA)
  • 2007 Lotus Exige S
Welcome to the party, pal!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Super stoked, I just got a call from a dealer that I had been in contact with and they had a buyer back out on a GR86! Just dropped my deposit on a 2022 GR86 Premium MT in Halo White! It's already in transit, so I am hoping to get it within the next 10 days based off the dealers information.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks guys! Super stoked, I just got a call from a dealer that I had been in contact with and they had a buyer back out on a GR86! Just dropped my deposit on a 2022 GR86 Premium MT in Halo White! It's already in transit, so I am hoping to get it within the next 10 days based off the dealers information.
Congrats! That is a great stroke of luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! That is a great stroke of luck!
Totally was! I couldn't believe it when the sales men called. I had been looking at another GR86 in San Francisco but it had factory clear bra on it that I really didnt want. So I am excited that it turned out this way.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get out of the dealer mark up. I could have been patient and bought one from one of the Bay Area dealers that aren't charging mark ups but the wait list is insane and you aren't guaranteed color or specifics. So, it is what it is. Gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Totally was! I couldn't believe it when the sales men called. I had been looking at another GR86 in San Francisco but it had factory clear bra on it that I really didnt want. So I am excited that it turned out this way.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get out of the dealer mark up. I could have been patient and bought one from one of the Bay Area dealers that aren't charging mark ups but the wait list is insane and you aren't guaranteed color or specifics. So, it is what it is. Gotta pay to play.
Got it. How much did they jam you for ADM?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts