Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I'm from Upstate NY. I currently own a Manual 09 VW GTI and looking forward to possibly owning an GR86 as well. If I don't get one, anything desirable from the 80s w/ pop-up headlights would suit me.

Really love the idea of this car. IMO its a great looking car (most new cars look like dogcrap to me) Its lightweight, RWD, well balanced, 2 Door, looks easy to work on. Has good amount of power, and I could make it faster later down the road. I hope to get it in white w/ a Manual gearbox. If it wasn't for the problems of the first gen, I'd get one of those.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome @Weston501

Interested to know what 80's car you would get! AE86? MKII or MKIII Supra? M10 MR2?

What first modifications would you do to improve the GR86's performance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. For the 80s, I'm into 87/88 GT Fieros, AE86s, Foxbody Mustangs. A Porsche 944 Turbo would be my #1 choice though.

For mods for a GR86, I'm not too sure yet. Always liked cars, but I'm just getting into working on them w/ my GTI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah besides a K&N cold air intake the previous owner installed, its stock. It almost has 130k miles on it, and currently having to deal w/ the "design flaws" of the engine (rear main seal and timing chain tensioner) and cleaning out the intake valves. Once I'm done w/ its issues, I might mod it, give it a facelift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. For the 80s, I'm into 87/88 GT Fieros, AE86s, Foxbody Mustangs. A Porsche 944 Turbo would be my #1 choice though.
Clean examples of these cars are becoming hard to find. I've been interested in picking up a Mitsubishi Station / Chrysler Conquest. My uncle had one when I was little, and I always wanted one. Late 80's RX7's are pretty fun too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts