Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! Just jumping in to say hello. Finally found a dealer in the Denver area ready to take deposits on the GR86, and made mine yesterday. This will be my first true sports car, and am really looking forward to it. I have plans to do quite a bit of performance modification to it over the next couple years. Can’t wait to see what others are doing with theirs, and will hope to share what’s working (or not) on my end.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Several things drew me to the car. The throwback design of a lightweight, rear wheel, manual transmission that is pretty rare these days. The price point is both affordable to purchase, and leaves me room to make my own modifications which is something I’ve had interest in but not a budget for in prior years... but now that has changed, one the perks of getting older.

This list is by no means comprehensive, but I’m looking to do a fair amount as the aftermarket offerings come along soon: wheels, tires, brakes, forced induction, headers, exhaust, tune, clutch/flywheel, oil cooler, ect.

Have no current plans to modify the body of the car beyond what options will be available from the factory. I want this car to be a bit of a sleeper.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thank you! Several things drew me to the car. The throwback design of a lightweight, rear wheel, manual transmission that is pretty rare these days. The price point is both affordable to purchase, and leaves me room to make my own modifications which is something I’ve had interest in but not a budget for in prior years... but now that has changed, one the perks of getting older.

This list is by no means comprehensive, but I’m looking to do a fair amount as the aftermarket offerings come along soon: wheels, tires, brakes, forced induction, headers, exhaust, tune, clutch/flywheel, oil cooler, ect.

Have no current plans to modify the body of the car beyond what options will be available from the factory. I want this car to be a bit of a sleeper.
Do you have any goals in mind already on what you want to get out of modding it?

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any goals in mind already on what you want to get out of modding it?
The journey is the destination, no specific goals in mind. Am absolutely going to track the car and do an occasional autocross event… but I don’t need to change the car at all to do those things. Honestly, I like having long term projects to work on. Had a house that needed a lot of updating and changes, and worked on that for a few years. Got a lot of satisfaction from the whole thing, and now I moved, that house is sold and I’m ready for the next thing.

That’s where this car is going to come in. It’s a hobby I’ve been wanting to get into a too long, and having a tuner car like this is the perfect project to get into it. Plan to take the exact approach as I did with the house… one thing at a time, do whatever you can yourself, and hire out when you’re out of your depth. Gonna be a good time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts