Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name's Chris, I'm from the Southwest Chicago suburbs and I'm interested in becoming a first time 86 owner. The 86 would be added to the stable as a weekend/track day car. I've always wanted to do a track day or even Auto-X but I've never been in the position to do so until now. I'm still on the fence about what exactly I'd get, but I'm leaning towards a WRB BRZ Limited 6MT. Look forward to meeting you!

My previously owned cars include:
  • 1991 Honda CRX B18C
  • 1998 Honda Civic B20B Turbo
  • 2004 Honda S2000
  • 2008 Honda Civic Si
  • 2013 Honda Civic Si
  • 2016 VW Golf GTI
  • 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo (Current)

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,302 Posts
Hello! My name's Chris, I'm from the Southwest Chicago suburbs and I'm interested in becoming a first time 86 owner. The 86 would be added to the stable as a weekend/track day car. I've always wanted to do a track day or even Auto-X but I've never been in the position to do so until now. I'm still on the fence about what exactly I'd get, but I'm leaning towards a WRB BRZ Limited 6MT. Look forward to meeting you!

My previously owned cars include:
  • 1991 Honda CRX B18C
  • 1998 Honda Civic B20B Turbo
  • 2004 Honda S2000
  • 2008 Honda Civic Si
  • 2013 Honda Civic Si
  • 2016 VW Golf GTI
  • 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo (Current)
Welcome aboard!

Honestly Chris, you are going to hate putting the keys away to this car. On track and road they are just so good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @Bradyy91, I was hoping one of them would be a McLaren judging from your avatar.
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the new 86?
No McLaren for me, just a huge McLaren Formula 1 fan.

Other cars I am currently considering are:

ND2 Miata
11th Gen Civic Type R
S2000 (if the price is right)

But I've also considering going back to a MK7.5 GTI or R. It all depends on how the test drives go. Still trying to decide if I want to go with a 2 car setup or just stick with one solid all rounder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.