Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Impreza Wagon CVT :(
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first big boy job and am in a good financial spot to purchase a car. I'm currently looking at the GR86 or a Veloster/Elantra N. Sorry BRZ, I just can't get over that the front looks like the laughing/crying emoji. I definitely am leaning more towards the 86 though because it will have larger aftermarket support, plus it's RWD which makes it a little more fun.

I live in Charlotte, NC so if anyone else is from around here, let's all meet up at a Cars & Coffee sometime!

I can't wait until more reviews of these cars come out and I'm even more excited for when they start showing up on dealer's lots!

Reactions: Blighty

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome @Gojarino

Have you spent time behind the wheel of any current versions of the cars you're interested in getting?
I have not yet. Veloster Ns are rare where I am, especially '21+ manual models. Not a single one within 500 miles of where I live. The Elantra N hasn't yet made it to dealers, same story with the twins. I do plan on test driving them all before making a decision. That will also hopefully give more time for the automotive market to stabilize, though I doubt it.

Reactions: apex

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey @Gojarino welcome to the forum! What stands out to you about the Veloster or Elantra compared to the GR86?
Honestly, those cars were built for having as much fun on public roads as possible. They're like baby M cars. Lots of customizability between the exhaust, suspension damping, steering weight, throttle response, etc. And even though it's a little juvenile, I really like the pops and bangs that come from the stock exhaust. It also helps that the Veloster N has been praised as the best FWD car short of the Civic Type-R and I expect the Elantra N to be nearly as good as the Veloster, despite its weight and wheelbase.

The reason I'm leaning more towards the GR86 though is because I really want to make the car my own, i.e. modify it. The N cars barely have any aftermarket support. Plus, if I get into autocross or track days, then a lightweight RWD car will be more fun than any FWD car could be. It will definitely take a test drive of both to fully convince me to choose one over the others, though. The Veloster N is on its last legs over here in the states, so that may removed from my list whether I want it or not. Either way, Autumn/Winter 2021 is shaping up to be an exciting time of year for me!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have not yet. Veloster Ns are rare where I am, especially '21+ manual models. Not a single one within 500 miles of where I live. The Elantra N hasn't yet made it to dealers, same story with the twins. I do plan on test driving them all before making a decision. That will also hopefully give more time for the automotive market to stabilize, though I doubt it.
Nice.
Have you at least gone through enough reviews and information on them to see what you like/dislike about them? If so it would be great to hear what those are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gojarino,
I too got my first full time job and now I am looking to buy a sports car. I am in Durham, NC. I am really excited about this car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gojarino,
I too got my first full time job and now I am looking to buy a sports car. I am in Durham, NC. I am really excited about this car.
I'm from Durham! I grew up there. I regularly come back to visit my parents, so maybe I'll you out cruising sometime. What trim level/color are you wanting to get?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Gojarino,
Welcome @Raj! Are you looking at any other cars or are you get on the GR86/BRZ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts