Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have always been wanting to own an 86. I thought of buying one in 2019, but ended up getting a 2019 Camry instead at the time. But now that the next generation model of the 86 have been unveiled, I am pretty confident I will be buying it this coming fall when it comes out. I was searching a great forum about this upcoming historical car that I am so excited about, and found this place. Hoping to learn a lot from everybody here!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome @ghost! You've definitely come to the right place for GR86 info. What about the new car has you excited over the 1st gen 86s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @ghost! You've definitely come to the right place for GR86 info. What about the new car has you excited over the 1st gen 86s.
I really like the new design compared to the 1st gen. I love the new headlights, I think they look much cleaner and smoother than the old one. Also loving the ducktail spoilers in the back, it is like a mini-supra but with a much better design. I am so excited. Although I would have preferred a manual speedo-meter rather than the digital one.

This will also be my very first manual car, and I am planning to learn manual when I buy this. I have been watching videos online on how to drive manual, and am excited to learn it hands-on on this car when it comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I have always been wanting to own an 86. I thought of buying one in 2019, but ended up getting a 2019 Camry instead at the time. But now that the next generation model of the 86 have been unveiled, I am pretty confident I will be buying it this coming fall when it comes out. I was searching a great forum about this upcoming historical car that I am so excited about, and found this place. Hoping to learn a lot from everybody here!
Ghost

In 2015 I drove from San Francisco to LA on Highway 1, stopping regularly to take photographs of the amazing coastal scenery. I had planned to make the trip in a Chrysler 300 but was given a top model Toyota Camry V6 automatic by the rental company. That Lexus V6 engine was powerful, quiet and smooth. It was difficult to maintain (not exceed) speed limits. It even had the 'fun controller' fooled.

I have ordered (paid a deposit) the new GR86 and hope to take possession as soon as they arrive. I didn't wait for the car to be officially launched in Australia.

I am hoping that Toyota allows the option of 17 inch wheels. The brakes look tiny on the 18 inch wheels and our roads often have potholes.

I am getting the automatic. I think this will the very last car of its type ever released. We are buying a bit of history.

BEV cars are not popular in my country. One does see some Teslas on the roads, but they are not common.

I test drove the 2020 Toyota GT 86. It was excellent so the GR86 will be sensational.

Cheers

David

·
Registered
332 Posts
I really like the new design compared to the 1st gen. I love the new headlights, I think they look much cleaner and smoother than the old one. Also loving the ducktail spoilers in the back, it is like a mini-supra but with a much better design. I am so excited. Although I would have preferred a manual speedo-meter rather than the digital one.

This will also be my very first manual car, and I am planning to learn manual when I buy this. I have been watching videos online on how to drive manual, and am excited to learn it hands-on on this car when it comes out.
You've picked. a great car as your first manual. They're so easy tog et the hang of.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ghost

In 2015 I drove from San Francisco to LA on Highway 1, stopping regularly to take photographs of the amazing coastal scenery. I had planned to make the trip in a Chrysler 300 but was given a top model Toyota Camry V6 automatic by the rental company. That Lexus V6 engine was powerful, quiet and smooth. It was difficult to maintain (not exceed) speed limits. It even had the 'fun controller' fooled.

I have ordered (paid a deposit) the new GR86 and hope to take possession as soon as they arrive. I didn't wait for the car to be officially launched in Australia.

I am hoping that Toyota allows the option of 17 inch wheels. The brakes look tiny on the 18 inch wheels and our roads often have potholes.

I am getting the automatic. I think this will the very last car of its type ever released. We are buying a bit of history.

BEV cars are not popular in my country. One does see some Teslas on the roads, but they are not common.

I test drove the 2020 Toyota GT 86. It was excellent so the GR86 will be sensational.

Cheers

David
I does seem like the end of an era after this generation with ICE models. Though I'd be curious how fast a BRZ/GR86 would go with some electric assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts