Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just stumbled upon this forum and figured I'd join. Just got my bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (finished last week!), and plan to buy one of the twins as soon as I can find a job in the Buffalo, NY area where I'm located. Hope everyone is staying safe through this pandemic, and hopefully we'll see some official news (and possibly leaks) here soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome, and congrats! This appears to be the place to be for the new twins coming soon in another year or so.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi all! Just stumbled upon this forum and figured I'd join. Just got my bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering (finished last week!), and plan to buy one of the twins as soon as I can find a job in the Buffalo, NY area where I'm located. Hope everyone is staying safe through this pandemic, and hopefully we'll see some official news (and possibly leaks) here soon.
Welcome to the forum @dawsonj87 .
Do you own a car now? If so, what do you drive?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome @dawsonj87.

Are you considering any other sports cars in this segment, new or used? The new Miata seems like a great option, especially the RF now that they can be bought used for reasonable prices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum @dawsonj87 .
Do you own a car now? If so, what do you drive?
Thanks! Sorry for the late reply-- For the last 6 years I've owned a 2004 Honda Civic EX coupe. Currently have it lowered with Koni oranges and Eibach Pro Kits, and I have upsized the wheels and tires to 215/45R17, and it's got a Yonaka catback exhaust. Fun little car, but I'm definitely looking to get a BRZ/86 whenever I secure a job in the engineering field.

My Subaru dealer, which a long-time friend of mine works at as a mechanic, has a 2019 WR blue BRZ with the performance package on their lot and have had it for like six months-- and it's marked down to $27k. Hoping to jump on that one once I get a job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome @dawsonj87.

Are you considering any other sports cars in this segment, new or used? The new Miata seems like a great option, especially the RF now that they can be bought used for reasonable prices.
Yeah, my brother just bought a 2019 soft top Miata club which I've driven quite a bit and really, really like. I would opt for the RF because I would be driving it year-round, but I would really like the back seats found in the BRZ/86 just for some added practicality. I am also a musician and engineer sound for a few friends, so I like to haul some gear around.

Other than the Miata, I would absolutely consider a turbo Camaro 1LE, and (this is a different segment, but still fun) I'd love a Veloster N. Used 370Zs are somewhat enticing, but I don't really want a big V6. I bet if I drove one, I'd change my tune, though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, my brother just bought a 2019 soft top Miata club which I've driven quite a bit and really, really like. I would opt for the RF because I would be driving it year-round, but I would really like the back seats found in the BRZ/86 just for some added practicality. I am also a musician and engineer sound for a few friends, so I like to haul some gear around.

Other than the Miata, I would absolutely consider a turbo Camaro 1LE, and (this is a different segment, but still fun) I'd love a Veloster N. Used 370Zs are somewhat enticing, but I don't really want a big V6. I bet if I drove one, I'd change my tune, though.
Camaro's are still a great choice and modded right they can be more road course geared.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks! Sorry for the late reply-- For the last 6 years I've owned a 2004 Honda Civic EX coupe. Currently have it lowered with Koni oranges and Eibach Pro Kits, and I have upsized the wheels and tires to 215/45R17, and it's got a Yonaka catback exhaust. Fun little car, but I'm definitely looking to get a BRZ/86 whenever I secure a job in the engineering field.

My Subaru dealer, which a long-time friend of mine works at as a mechanic, has a 2019 WR blue BRZ with the performance package on their lot and have had it for like six months-- and it's marked down to $27k. Hoping to jump on that one once I get a job.
That would be awesome to pick up that BRZ.

Post a pic of your Civic when you get a chance.

Are those Koni's adjustable? I used to have some on an old Integra. I was always amazed at what a difference they made

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be awesome to pick up that BRZ.

Post a pic of your Civic when you get a chance.

Are those Koni's adjustable? I used to have some on an old Integra. I was always amazed at what a difference they made

Here's the Civic filled with my friends on the starting grid at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal-- that was a great day! The Konis are not adjustable, the Yellows (which are) were just above my price range. I really like the Oranges though, they are a really great balance of stiff and compliant, and they match well with the Eibach Pro Kits.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How did you get on the starting grid? I thought that place was only open for the F1 race and that's it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts