Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 GT86 with Aero package, automatic transmission with a 4.67 final drive and, to be honest, I like the look better than the upcoming GR 86.
I also like the analog tachometer and the lack of many electronic helpers and monitoring systems.
But ... 2.4 liter engine - need!!! 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
real nice! could you provide tyre specs?
Of course:
Wheels: Autec Wizard 7.5Jx17 OFFSET: 38 (the maximum allowed in my country without lowering the car)
Tire: Continental ContiSportContact 5 225/45 R17 91Y

But at the moment i am using OZ Alleggerita with offset 48 (like the factory wheels) because they are lighter and the steering feel much better with the original offset.

Registered
nice mate! love the 17'' on the 86, i think is the sweet spot in wheel diameter/tyre profile ratio.

Registered
I own a 2013 GT86 with Aero package, automatic transmission with a 4.67 final drive and, to be honest, I like the look better than the upcoming GR 86.
I also like the analog tachometer and the lack of many electronic helpers and monitoring systems.
But ... 2.4 liter engine - need!!! 馃槀

View attachment 1696
Awesome looking GT86 @BlackSpike! Welcome to the forum! Have you made other performance mods along with the 4.67 final drive?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome looking GT86 @BlackSpike! Welcome to the forum! Have you made other performance mods along with the 4.67 final drive?
Thank you.
I have a modified open flash tune with some improvements, like a rev limiter that does not interrupt the fuel supply, better coordination between direct injection and port injection and some other adjustments.
I also have a 200 cell catalyst in the header instead of the normal ceramic catalyst (the second catalys ist still there), a Bastuck exhaust system (the legal version with middle silencer) and a strut brace for even better steering precision at higher speed.

It works just fine for my taste but the most effective change was the final drive.

(camera wasn`t fixed)

Registered
Beautiful car man! Makes me miss my old FRS. It seems like 4.67 final drive is pretty popular in Japan too! I watched a video where Keiichi says it completely changed the car for him. Any other mods you want to do or is it set up perfectly now?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good morning (it`s 7 AM here) and thank you very much guys!
The car is allready perfect for me, im not so much into changing the lights or doing experiments with the air intake... so there are not really more things i want to change.
In normal everyday driving I only see about five GT86 / BRZ (in Austria the 86 is called GT86 and we don`t have the Scion brand here) a year... but i am a member of the GT86 Club Vienna - before 2020 we had a meeting every month, so far this year there has only been one meeting (because of pandemic restriction) last weekend, but more are planned again.

And sometimes i drive to Germany, there is a GT86/BRZ drivers meeting every year - i think the record was 110 cars.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts