Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium MT - Neptune Blue (Pending Allocation)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who I am:
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive lighting

My name is Steve, born and raised here in SoCal.

Was in the automotive industry since 2004; if you guys ever went to a Drift-Day event, chances are I was there catching cones, doing tech or doing driver instruction. I worked R&D for various companies developing suspension, exhaust and induction systems. Right now I am doing engineering for an aerospace company, so I still get to tool around in my professional life.

Before all this shenanigans I used to go to Japan twice a year (my wife is Japanese from Ibaraki) so I used to bring back parts all the time.
Temple Gesture Headgear Street fashion Sun hat

Why the GR86?:

I ordered my 2006 Mini Cooper S and received it with 9 miles on the clock. 15 years later, it was blowing smoke and I knew I had to make some decisions how much did I really want to spend on a 15 year old car that was starting to show more and more issues? I started thinking about what would work for me and make me happy; I have a baby coming in June so I knew I had to consider that, but luckily we just bought a Crosstrek Hybrid in November so that took care of the family side of things with only the need for occasional rides in whatever I got.
I've had a lot of cars in the past... the AE86 market is insane and although I loved the AE86's that I've had in the past but I'm getting older and I need something that is reliable and safe for having a child in.
The BRZ used to have a slightly more refined interior and better options so I was leaning that way since I also just bought a Crosstrek earlier. However, I just can't get over how ugly the BRZ is... it is so.. so.. ugly. And since the interiors are the same, I just figured... cool, just stick with GR86. The slighlty cheaper price difference was just a plus.

What GR86 am I getting?:

The Crosstrek is Cool-Grey Khaki.. that light-blue greyish color. When my wife was choosing the color for that... she was between that and White. And I told her... "I have never heard anyone say.. hey, that's a nice white." And that cemented her decision.

I am getting a GR86 Premium MT in Neptune Blue.

Besides cars, what do I like?:
I am a huge nerd (not a geek, there's a difference); so science, astronomy, engineering, fabrication, archery, 3D printing, cooking, traveling, shooting are all things I love doing. I'm always down to wrench on cars, always down for track-time. I'm older now though, so I don't abide by street shenanigans; it's the track-life I am going for.

Being in the automotive industry I have become a bit of a man who can get things... so don't hesitate do slide into my DM's.
Clothing Jeans Car Vehicle Hood
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome. I’m in San Diego. I ordered a GR86 Premium MT in Track bRed. Second color choice is Raven, and then Pavement. I put a deposit down with Longo Toyota since they don’t charge over MSRP. My salesman said he thinks delivery to be middle to end of 2022

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium MT - Neptune Blue (Pending Allocation)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. I’m in San Diego. I ordered a GR86 Premium MT in Track bRed. Second color choice is Raven, and then Pavement. I put a deposit down with Longo Toyota since they don’t charge over MSRP. My salesman said he thinks delivery to be middle to end of 2022
Well I was 150+ in que at Longo and they advised me that they're getting one.. ONE... each month. So in 150 months, I'll be set!

I found another dealer with no que.. so I will be putting in my allocation within the month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts