Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

Group Question: In the US, if you wanted to cancel your order but wanted to give that car order to a fellow forum member, how can you do that?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DeanP 
#1 ·
So, say we have a situation where there is a car that for whatever reason one of our forum members wont be continuing the order.

I know that a lot of the time dealers have 'cancellation' lists where customers ask to accept these cars, and I also understand some dealers can take those cars and up-mark the heck out of them for re-sale.

How would someone, with no risk to themselves, 'give' that pre-order to someone else?

#3 ·
I would say the party with the pre-order and the party wanting to get the car would have to go to the dealer the same day. Then tell the dealer the first party wants the cancel his order and transfer it to the new party, and ask if they will honor the same price. An honorable dealer would allow the transfer.
Why do you ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I guess, keeping it above board, you could let the person know what dealer, and just allow them to see if there is a waiting list and to be on it with that exact specification being the one you ask to be waiting for?

Also, I guess there could be just a discussion with the dealer and being up front about it and nominating the person and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.