Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m new here and was curious, I ordered an 86 about a week ago and the dealer said 4-5 months. Is this a fairly accurate wait time? It’s a premium auto in Neptune blue.

·
Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
233 Posts
Tbh, it's heavily influenced by luck.
Dealers get allocations by Toyota Canada and your car isn't essentially "ordered". It's just if they get the trim u want and you're the first in line for that particular trim then it's yours.

Example for me.
I put deposit down Dec 6 for a trueno premium mt,
Was called and given an option to take an unclaimed raven in Feb and declined, then no news up until my car of spec showed up last week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi I’m new here and was curious, I ordered an 86 about a week ago and the dealer said 4-5 months. Is this a fairly accurate wait time? It’s a premium auto in Neptune blue.
In ways, it's accurate but it also depends on luck as the other person stated.

My story:

Ordered it mid April, and they told me it would take 2 - 4 Months for me to get my car. So far, I got no news on my car at all. But from what the dealer told me before, I would be one of the first to receive my car once they get the next batch of allocations (Or something along those lines).

Its sad to admit, but non of us actually "order" these cars. We are just in a queue.

My advice is that you should order from a high volume dealer to speed things up. A Toyota dealer that is selling cars constantly. The higher the volume, the better chance that dealer will have of receiving a GR86 for allocation.

Goodluck on the wait.
We are all in the same boat :sleep:

·
Registered
60 Posts
My advice is that you should order from a high volume dealer to speed things up. A Toyota dealer that is selling cars constantly. The higher the volume, the better chance that dealer will have of receiving a GR86 for allocation.

Goodluck on the wait.
Any idea who the high volume dealers are in the GTA, or how to determine that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any idea who the high volume dealers are in the GTA, or how to determine that?
You can ask them personally or the best way is to follow some of them on Instagram. My dealer told me they are one of the high volume dealers alongside Don Valley North. True or not? Not 100% sure.

Might seem a bit silly but I figured out one of the biggest sellers in the GTA through a post they made which I'll show here:

Land vehicle Car Tire Vehicle Wheel

Doesn't seem like much but after some research online, it seems a lot of people prefer these 3 around the GTA.

Water Font Auto part Fashion accessory Automotive exterior

Also Toyota on the Park is another high volume dealer in the GTA.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
371 Posts
In ways, it's accurate but it also depends on luck as the other person stated.

My story:

Ordered it mid April, and they told me it would take 2 - 4 Months for me to get my car. So far, I got no news on my car at all. But from what the dealer told me before, I would be one of the first to receive my car once they get the next batch of allocations (Or something along those lines).

Its sad to admit, but non of us actually "order" these cars. We are just in a queue.

Goodluck on the wait.
Ordered mine (Halo White '23 Prem MT) early/mid may. The rep told me I'll get the car in December. I went with the dealer because they did have a '22 version of the same spec come through their dealership before. So I hope I'll get that chance again. I know of at least 3 GR86's that came from that dealership. So I'm not sure if they are a high volume dealer or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered mine (Halo White '23 Prem MT) early/mid may. The rep told me I'll get the car in December. I went with the dealer because they did have a '22 version of the same spec come through their dealership before. So I hope I'll get that chance again. I know of at least 3 GR86's that came from that dealership. So I'm not sure if they are a high volume dealer or not.
Wow December? I don't know if I would wait that long again for a car. From the date they give you, it doesn't sound like they are too confident with allocations to their dealership. Or they are giving you realistic expectations incase its late.

The dates usually not accurate anyways like some people got their cars months and months earlier. While others wait a longer time like me. (Longer from the time they estimated anyways).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

I also found this. Its an estimate so it could be wrong, or it could be right I don't know. But I think a lot of dealers seem to get their estimated dates from this..

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
371 Posts
Wow December? I don't know if I would wait that long again for a car. From the date they give you, it doesn't sound like they are too confident with allocations to their dealership. Or they are giving you realistic expectations incase its late.

The dates usually not accurate anyways like some people got their cars months and months earlier. While others wait a longer time like me. (Longer from the time they estimated anyways).
Just realistic expectations I guess..The Financial manger at the dealer told me it's probably a year's wait.. while the sales guy says Dec. lol. On my PO receipt it even says could be a year's wait or longer LOL. I don't mind waiting as long as I get the car that I want. Where from Canada are you from?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just realistic expectations I guess..The Financial manger at the dealer told me it's probably a year's wait.. while the sales guy says Dec. lol. On my PO receipt it even says could be a year's wait or longer LOL. I don't mind waiting as long as I get the car that I want. Where from Canada are you from?
Gonna assume @TACWolf is in the GTA if he bought from DVN Toyota. Which dealership did you go to @Razorwing ?

I was planning to wait until the 4th Quarter for put a deposit down and try and time it for getting it in Spring/Summer '23, but if its gonna take a year maybe I do this now. 😬

I had good experience with Downtown Lexus, so might hit up Downtown Toyota. I'm in Durham so there's Whitby Toyota nearby but unsure how much volume they push through.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
371 Posts
Gonna assume @TACWolf is in the GTA if he bought from DVN Toyota. Which dealership did you go to @Razorwing ?

I was planning to wait until the 4th Quarter for put a deposit down and try and time it for getting it in Spring/Summer '23, but if its gonna take a year maybe I do this now. 😬

I had good experience with Downtown Lexus, so might hit up Downtown Toyota. I'm in Durham so there's Whitby Toyota nearby but unsure how much volume they push through.
Lmao, I must've missed his post :ROFLMAO:. I went to DVN actually.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know which Dealer TacWolf went to, but if his dealer said DVN is a high Volume Dealer, that's a good thing fingers crossed :)

Oops late response. No, I went to Markville 😬:LOL: Haha. But I've heard good things about DVT and Toyota On The Park. They HAVE to be high volume dealers since 1 is located Downtown and the other is located on a busy road close to the highway. Fingers crossed for everyone and I hope you all get your cars earlier than expected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put a deposit on april. My car should arrive mid august. Will be a 2023.

I put whatever color available (premium MT) They called me like 3 week after i put my deposit for a white one. I took it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts