Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
2022 GR86 Base in Pavement Grey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's what happened, I was driving down the street minding my own business when someone swerved into my lane and caused me to swerve. I swerved head-on into a median (She/he didn't hit me). Note: I had put on brand-new catless headers from JDL the night before :rolleyes:. The driver drove off before I got any information and I was stuck there with the responding officers.

I have taken my car to the shop and it seems that the curb has torn up my bumper, pushed my radiator back, popped the driver-side tire, bent my brand-new headers, etc. I don't fully know what the damage is but we are hoping that the frame isn't bent.

All I can say is that this is the easiest way to get a bumper deleted.

UPDATE: 14k in repairs. Frame Bent.

Wheel Car Sky Tire Vehicle
Grille Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my condolences - you unhurt?

got a dashcam?
Thank you. I'm perfectly fine but regret not getting a dashcam. You never think that this sh*t would happen only 6 months into owning a new car. I was planning on getting a dashcam but felt like it was not needed. But I am going to get one on every car I ever own. Also kinda sucks that my insurance will shoot through the roof with me only being 16.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Thank you. I'm perfectly fine but regret not getting a dashcam. You never think that this sh*t would happen only 6 months into owning a new car. I was planning on getting a dashcam but felt like it was not needed. But I am going to get one on every car I ever own. Also kinda sucks that my insurance will shoot through the roof with me only being 16.
Dash cam is a must. You never know what can happen and especially nowadays with how shity people can be, most will lie and try to put the blame on you.

· Registered
89 Posts
first mod on my list always....dash cam.... i didn't drive mine till i got it installed. even while driving it home i made sure i turned on my gopro. too much happening to be without a cam.

glad you are alright

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
first mod on my list always....dash cam.... i didn't drive mine till i got it installed. even while driving it home i made sure i turned on my gopro. too much happening to be without a cam.

glad you are alright
Thank you. I will definitely from now on tell everyone to get a dashcam.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts