Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Need the translation?!?!

Looked to me like the GR86 was a bit less controllable more skittish cornering and also like that driver gave way to the BRZ on purpose half way through?
I like that they selected 17" wheels, I'm convinced that would be the best selection allowing the more reasonable 45 aspect ratio.
Looked like a ton of fun running fully pedal to the floor.

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
390 Posts
This makes sense from what we've heard from reviewers. The GR86 is much more tail happy - it's controllable with a slight rear bias. The BRZ is much safer, which a slight tendency to understeer, which means oversteer only happens when you specifically request it, in simple terms.

·
Registered
22 Trueno Blue
266 Posts
some youtube videos translate japanese to English for me but not this one. However the new BRZ driver is a Professional racing driver for years and this is his channel. it also looks like they are purposely swapped positions to test out the car capabilities.

I'm more interested in the rest of the shootout as there was a miata in there and other cars in the beginning of the channel.

·
Registered
774 Posts
some youtube videos translate japanese to English for me but not this one. However the new BRZ driver is a Professional racing driver for years and this is his channel. it also looks like they are purposely swapped positions to test out the car capabilities.

I'm more interested in the rest of the shootout as there was a miata in there and other cars in the beginning of the channel.
Since they compared lap times, it would make perfect sense to alternate the lead car so that each had the ability to achieve their best lap time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.