Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have more info on these tires?

What does the first gen run? I always thought the original 86 had some crappy tires. PS4s seem like some serious rubber.

·
Registered
403 Posts
These are the exact tires included with the GT86/86/FR-S:

PILOT SPORT 4S - SIZE: 215/45ZR17
Max Performance Summer

• Size:215/45ZR17 (91Y)
  • Load Range: XL
  • UTQG: 300 AA A
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Eco Focus: Michelin Total Performance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone have more info on these tires?

What does the first gen run? I always thought the original 86 had some crappy tires. PS4s seem like some serious rubber.
The BRZ on the 18 inch wheels have at least one spec confirmed to be running on PS4 - very good all round tire, SO MUCH better than the primacy.

I'd assume that the GR86 also has a spec with these on 18inch wheels.

I did wish they put the PS4S however, which is a really REALLY good tire. But overall the standard PS4 is a great choice for stock, and will last a lot longer than the PS4S.

·
Registered
26 Posts
there will be different wheel/tire options? i thought they'll all come with 215/40/18 michelin ps4 standard... at least in japan

·
Registered
100 Posts
there will be different wheel/tire options? i thought they'll all come with 215/40/18 michelin ps4 standard... at least in japan
Not sure.

The specs are up in the air a little because as yet they have not really announced the proper final specifications for any country. Its all been estimates.

That said I'd be confident that each market will get a spec with an 18 inch wheel running PS4 Michelin rubber.

Edit: Though if I was to guess what the 17inch tires would be, I'd say Dunlop (goodyear) Sport Max or something else from them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the BRZ has the Pilot Sports then I'm sure we'll get at least one trim with the GR86 having them. The PS4 is a badass tire, so grip should be very impressive.

Very exciting. I can't wait to see a lap comparison between the two (the GT86 and the GR86).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts