Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
141 - 160 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Has anyone tried Cavender Toyota? Just did a quick Autotrader search and they have a Halo and Raven Premium listed, both manual...
Yup. They’re the ones that fucked me over by giving away my allocation for that Halo White to someone else. The Raven Black was their first allocation. Actually, my sales guy just messaged me (it wasn’t his fault, but the ordeal itself was bullshit) and mentioned they just got the Halo White in, along with some pictures. So, this is the first confirmation I’m aware of that the Texas region is beginning to receive deliveries.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yup. They’re the ones that fucked me over by giving away my allocation for that Halo White to someone else. The Raven Black was their first allocation. Actually, my sales guy just messaged me (it wasn’t his fault, but the ordeal itself was bullshit) and mentioned they just got the Halo White in, along with some pictures. So, this is the first confirmation I’m aware of that the Texas region is beginning to receive deliveries.
Have you gotten your car yet? Houston is getting some allocations, and I can keep an eye out for some halo whites.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Nevermind then... wankers!

·
Registered
2022 bRed Premium MT- waiting
15 Posts
Aww, man. FWIW, I spoke with Cedar Park a couple days ago and they confirmed they’re receiving you all’s red and blue GR86s. I should be next after that, hopefully.
Didn't realize there was a Texas thread, but I can finally chime in. I am also with Cedar Park placed a deposit with them during November for a red GR86. Hopefully it moves quickly and we can get our cars 😄.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, had my name on their list and they called me in to try and sell a base 6mt red for a 4k markup coming in this month (markup disguised with add ons and dealer BS they wouldn't remove). Ended up walking. Still not as bad as Alamo Toyota that wanted a 6k markup and claimed to have the lowest price in the state.

·
Registered
Track bRed GR86 Premium MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Didn't realize there was a Texas thread, but I can finally chime in. I am also with Cedar Park placed a deposit with them during November for a red GR86. Hopefully it moves quickly and we can get our cars 😄.
Hopefully yeah... but I still haven't gotten any updates on my red premium mt from them since 1/7 when I signed the sale proposal. No updates from the API either, still 'A' status and no ETA yet. Seems like it's moving quite slowly. Just waiting in the dark until I hear something, the wait is killing me lol.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Ask and you shall receive. My car is at the Houston port, salesman said it should arrive by the end of this month! No updates on the API ETA or status there though, this comment on the reservation thread shows that maybe lack of API updates is a problem with GST.
Yep I can concur with that, took forever to change from A to F and there has never been an eta date loaded into the system, figured it must be a GST deal. I just went on the Toyota site 86 builder and for a central TX zip code there's only 3 colours to choose from, and only manual available for Premium, which might be good news as practically no one on this forum seems to want automatic!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep I can concur with that, took forever to change from A to F and there has never been an eta date loaded into the system, figured it must be a GST deal. I just went on the Toyota site 86 builder and for a central TX zip code there's only 3 colours to choose from, and only manual available for Premium, which might be good news as practically no one on this forum seems to want automatic!
Except Halo White isn’t an option. I reached out to my rep about it but they just said the Toyota website isn’t an accurate reflection of inventory and availability. Honestly, it was a very quick and dismissive response - and while I do hope it’s true - I’m kinda of really feeling like I won’t be able to get a Halo White anymore here in Texas.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, it appears that the Toyota configurator is only letting you build what is currently available in dealership inventory, which is why the options are severely limited. It’s strange that it’s set up that way, but it oddly makes sense now. FWIW, I spoke with my sales rep at Cavender and it turns out they’re getting 6 more allocations - which is crazy - but they’re mostly automatics and base trims. Most of them are scheduled to be at port on February 7th though so I think that means we’ll start to see an influx of allocations/deliveries very soon.

Edit: accidentally wrote February 2nd instead of 7th

·
Registered
29 Posts
Signed mine around December, placed a deposit in November for a red MT premium too. I think the issue here is that they only get two allocations per month, and from my knowledge after speaking with the manager is that there's a bit of a waitlist at the moment.

·
Registered
2022 bRed Premium MT- waiting
15 Posts
Hopefully yeah... but I still haven't gotten any updates on my red premium mt from them since 1/7 when I signed the sale proposal. No updates from the API either, still 'A' status and no ETA yet. Seems like it's moving quite slowly. Just waiting in the dark until I hear something, the wait is killing me lol.
I feel ya lol. I believe I am behind you so seeing you get these updates makes me feel much better. Can't wait for YOU to get your GR86 already 😄

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Ask and you shall receive. My car is at the Houston port, salesman said it should arrive by the end of this month! No updates on the API ETA or status there though, this comment on the reservation thread shows that maybe lack of API updates is a problem with GST.
Any sign of an 'eta' or 'current from/to' in your API yet? Or anybody in TX who has their car incoming? Ours should have arrived last week so expecting it any day, but no date has ever shown up so I figure that's just not a thing with GST and there never will be a date range loaded in there. On top of that, the Sales Rep told us the haulers are 3rd party drivers and they don't have direct contact with the drivers so yeah... the waiting game the waiting game...

·
Registered
Track bRed GR86 Premium MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Any sign of an 'eta' or 'current from/to' in your API yet? Or anybody in TX who has their car incoming? Ours should have arrived last week so expecting it any day, but no date has ever shown up so I figure that's just not a thing with GST and there never will be a date range loaded in there. On top of that, the Sales Rep told us the haulers are 3rd party drivers and they don't have direct contact with the drivers so yeah... the waiting game the waiting game...
Nope, nothing. Gonna be a long week...

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Well, just kinda glad it's looking like a GST issue not a individual-vehicle-level-problem ya know... "whoops, looks like they forgot your car at the Port of Japan" 🤯😖 lol

141 - 160 of 299 Posts