Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
121 - 140 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gave my dealer in Houston a call again, and I'm still getting "we don't know" as an answer to my questions regarding delivery date and pricing. IDK if I even want to bother with them any more at this point. Of course, they were fine up until they took my money lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Gave my dealer in Houston a call again, and I'm still getting "we don't know" as an answer to my questions regarding delivery date and pricing. IDK if I even want to bother with them any more at this point. Of course, they were fine up until they took my money lol

Have a safety/backup deposit, go to cars.com and find a out of state from a dealer that will sell it to you.
I'm getting ready to get my 1st deposit back , Im thinking troll them by pulling up in my GR86 to sterling McCall and telling Bella hey I need my cash back now . I can already imagine the excuses to try to hang on to the sale, but literally I just have to point out the window at my car for her to just shut her mouth and cough up the dough.😂 That's just me tho, anyone have any other ideas I could troll them harder for being a lying ass no communication having dealer?

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
That's just me tho, anyone have any other ideas I could troll them harder for being a lying ass no communication having dealer?
I love that... but what you gotta do, is find out when they open up the big window doors to move vehicles in and out of the showroow... you don't drive TO the dealership for your refund my dude... you drive IN to the dealership, right up to their desk blocking them in and hang out the window asking for your dollar back 🤣 gotta go total asshole mode on them haha.

Checked online and finally changed from A to F... no eta date yet, but edging closer...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guess my salesperson decided after the 7th or 8th call to actually make a note of who I was (he sent a text to me with my info so he could remember...) but they told me they have no ETA on the car yet and asked me for alternate color options I'd accept. I'm sticking with what I want so I guess if I decide I really want it I'll buy out of state, or at least out of city. Has anyone here had experience with that? Do you pay for shipping, etc?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Guess my salesperson decided after the 7th or 8th call to actually make a note of who I was (he sent a text to me with my info so he could remember...) but they told me they have no ETA on the car yet and asked me for alternate color options I'd accept. I'm sticking with what I want so I guess if I decide I really want it I'll buy out of state, or at least out of city. Has anyone here had experience with that? Do you pay for shipping, etc?
So my friend was able to get his car from a dealer in Colorado springs at sticker plus $580 doc fee since they are doing his taxes and registration, he was quoted $750 for transport to Houston . I believe the dealer made arrangements with a company to ship the car out , hope this helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Update*
Was able to settle for a Neptune blue manual base from Fred Haas Toyota world, I have the ducktail on order and sending the wheels out to get power coated black when I get it . No mark up plus has some port accessories added too , just glad to have gotten my car locally .
Looks like you got (almost) the exact car I wanted from the dealer 10 minutes from my house (I'm holding out for a premium). Has it gotten off the boat yet?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Update*
Was able to settle for a Neptune blue manual base from Fred Haas Toyota world, I have the ducktail on order and sending the wheels out to get power coated black when I get it . No mark up plus has some port accessories added too , just glad to have gotten my car locally .
Just gave them a call based on your recommendation. They were really upfront and honest about pricing but I wanted to give you a heads up because they mentioned a $1490 mandatory dealer add-on for tint and paint protection. I asked if it could be taken off but they said no; it’s something that all their cars come with. Hopefully that’s not the case but I just wanted to let you know in case you weren’t aware. I wouldn’t want you to get blindsided by it at the last minute.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just gave them a call based on your recommendation. They were really upfront and honest about pricing but I wanted to give you a heads up because they mentioned a $1490 mandatory dealer add-on for tint and paint protection. I asked if it could be taken off but they said no; it’s something that all their cars come with. Hopefully that’s not the case but I just wanted to let you know in case you weren’t aware. I wouldn’t want you to get blindsided by it at the last minute.
This is also what my dealer told me, however they had a much smaller markup for the tint and ppf.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

$32,800 out the door , the dealer package is what it is . $1600 wasn't gonna stop me from buying the car , that's just me though 😅

·
Registered
71 Posts
View attachment 4023

$32,800 out the door , the dealer package is what it is . $1600 wasn't gonna stop me from buying the car , that's just me though 😅
At least you got something out of the markup. I probably would've tinted mine anyways, so not a horrible dealer package to include for me.

The dealers tacking on $5k for no reason on the other hand....

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
I posted the below in another thread but I think it got lost, anyone seen an answer to the following Q?

'Question for those in the know... once your status changes to dealerCategory: "F" ... how long does it typically take before an eta date gets loaded in? It changed to 'F' 2 days ago, still no date in there, ain't gonna lie, the anticipation now is killing me lol. Thanks in advance!'

121 - 140 of 324 Posts