Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What does Open Campaign mean?
I thought Allocated meant they had already built the vehicle and now it could be 'allocated' to you, the buyer, to purchase...
Seeing the markups ole Charlie Boy did on their GTI's he ain't dropping that extra cash ask any time soon!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
What does Open Campaign mean?
I thought Allocated meant they had already built the vehicle and now it could be 'allocated' to you, the buyer, to purchase...
Seeing the markups ole Charlie Boy did on their GTI's he ain't dropping that extra cash ask any time soon!
Still not completely sure what it means outside of this context. Allocation can mean that it's already built but doesn't seem to be the case for mine. And yeah as you'd expect they wouldn't drop the markup lol. Looks like a no on the mud guards and subwoofer at this time. He said their parts department isn't offering either right now. Sucks but I was only able to get the ceramic tint added on and nothing else changed. Oh well can't really complain with the state of things right now lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Talked to my sales person at Sterling McCall and didn't really gleam anything meaningful from the conversation--was merely a call to tell me they didn't forget about me and to wait patiently for these rare cars etc. He didn't address my GST potential markup question but seems like that has been debunked for now.

His take on "open campaign" is that it translated to something needing work like a part missing etc. Perhaps that is what it means in a usual context but as another poster mentioned it sounds like they're all being labeled this way so I wouldn't worry about that much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Update
So Don McGill Toyota gave me a final price sheet for a premium manual and I wasn't really sure how to react $49,999 out the door 🤯. Yeah $50K I'm done and doing out of state

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Update
So Don McGill Toyota gave me a final price sheet for a premium manual and I wasn't really sure how to react $49,999 out the door 🤯. Yeah $50K I'm done and doing out of state
Jesus wtf is that. Lol Don can go pound sand. Good luck man hope you find something soon at MSRP!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lmao. Although I've got this local deposit I fully expect to need to start looking out of state by the Feb allocation. I think give it 1-2 months and we will be like the BRZ market where MSRP isnt hard to come by.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lmao. Although I've got this local deposit I fully expect to need to start looking out of state by the Feb allocation. I think give it 1-2 months and we will be like the BRZ market where MSRP isnt hard to come by.
Out of 8 dealers that have the Neptune blue premium only wasn't sold and they were willing to sell it to me out of state, the local dealer don McGill Toyota of Katy wanted $50K😳. So out of state doesn't seem like a bad option for sticker plus tax out the door .

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't understand the Reddit comments, someone says 'add referer' but idk what that means, not savvy enough... if you could tell me what you did to get it to work that'd be awesome, be interesting to see if it's updated with an eta as Cedar Park said this coming week or next for delivery, and was still showing 'A' Allocated before they took that API link down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I don't understand the Reddit comments, someone says 'add referer' but idk what that means, not savvy enough... if you could tell me what you did to get it to work that'd be awesome, be interesting to see if it's updated with an eta as Cedar Park said this coming week or next for delivery, and was still showing 'A' Allocated before they took that API link down.
The Toyota GR86 Reservation Tracking List try that

·
Registered
34 Posts
Update*
Was able to settle for a Neptune blue manual base from Fred Haas Toyota world, I have the ducktail on order and sending the wheels out to get power coated black when I get it . No mark up plus has some port accessories added too , just glad to have gotten my car locally .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Update*
Was able to settle for a Neptune blue manual base from Fred Haas Toyota world, I have the ducktail on order and sending the wheels out to get power coated black when I get it . No mark up plus has some port accessories added too , just glad to have gotten my car locally .
Congratulations! That’s awesome. Did you have to haggle for MSRP or were they pretty straightforward? Do you know if they had any other cars available?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Update*
I understand that relief but if you're happy with that then congrats, I didn't want to settle and found a Neptune PMT, but it's in MO. so I have a 12hr trip home. MSRP and $350 admin fee, so can't complain

·
Registered
68 Posts
I understand that relief but if you're happy with that then congrats, I didn't want to settle and found a Neptune PMT, but it's in MO. so I have a 12hr trip home. MSRP and $350 admin fee, so can't complain
Nice, congrats... do you manage to avoid TX taxes buying out of State or how does that work?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice, congrats... do you manage to avoid TX taxes buying out of State or how does that work?
You pay the taxes in the state you register it so I pay the taxes for TX. I believe I'll have to pay it when I go to register it to get plates. I still need to look more into that process

101 - 120 of 155 Posts