Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
81 - 100 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
@HK416TX @417KT

let it go to a random walk-in who left a deposit before anyone bothered to contact me.
Unbelievable...... Well out of the blue Cedar Park text me today saying delivery should be next week, it's the one and only they're receiving on this allocation but more to come in January so I hope it works out for you guys too!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well I found my preferred spec (Neptune prem MT) out of state (STL,MO) with no add ons or mark ups. Jumped on it so I have a bit of a drive coming up. Just wanted to share in case you guys keep having shitty experiences like I have been that you can keep looking elsewhere. Eta is Jan 21-26

·
Registered
160 Posts
Unbelievable...... Well out of the blue Cedar Park text me today saying delivery should be next week, it's the one and only they're receiving on this allocation but more to come in January so I hope it works out for you guys too!
Awesome, man! It seems you’ll be the first. Let us know how your experience goes when you finalize everything.

I was told there were 3 people on the waitlist but I’m not sure if that applies to those that already have their orders confirmed. I know some people are expecting deliveries on Jan 15th, so here’s hoping the rest of us aren’t far behind. The rep told me they’d be able to get my allocation as soon as next week or by the end of next month at the latest, but I’ll believe it when it happens. I know they’re trying to swap allocations to fulfill the orders with deposits as soon as possible.

·
Registered
Track bRed GR86 Premium MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
:(
Sorry to hear...
Still haven't heard anything back from them since they gave me the VIN... hope we won't be waiting too long now.
I plugged the VIN they gave me into the api from the reservation list; the dealer category is "A" and the dealer id doesn't match up with Cedar Park's, so that's a bit concerning for a January delivery. Not much to do except hope though lol, or maybe start looking way outside my area.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
:(
Sorry to hear...
Still haven't heard anything back from them since they gave me the VIN... hope we won't be waiting too long now.
I plugged the VIN they gave me into the api from the reservation list; the dealer category is "A" and the dealer id doesn't match up with Cedar Park's, so that's a bit concerning for a January delivery. Not much to do except hope though lol, or maybe start looking way outside my area.
What is Cedar Park's dealer ID?
"dealerCd":"42344" Is that what you're referencing?

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Awesome, thanks mate. Well... at least it's allocated to the right dealership, guess that's a good sign. I'm just glad TX is small so we can walk everywhere for the meanwhile :sneaky:
Np, it looks like mine is allocated to a dealer in Houston, maybe they're trying to get that one from them or something who knows. And yeah just casual walks in this state no problem 😅

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
On the quote sheet they sent me there was no GST add-on. My worry is on the day I'll be presented with a 'revised final' version if this blanket GST markup is correct...
Can confirm, no GST mark up on the quote sheet they just sent me. Just $650 for tint and wheel locks. Final price is $35.6k. Though this document isn't a contract, just a sales proposal.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Can confirm, no GST mark up on the quote sheet they just sent me. Just $650 for tint and wheel locks. Final price is $35.6k. Though this document isn't a contract, just a sales proposal.
That's awesome news! Makes ours feel more real now if they're finally going to start receiving more vehicles. We opted to upgrade from the regular tint for ceramic for an extra $200 so we can have the windows darker for that summer heat lol. What accessories are coming with yours?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
That's awesome news! Makes ours feel more real now if they're finally going to start receiving more vehicles. We opted to upgrade from the regular tint for ceramic for an extra $200 so we can have the windows darker for that summer heat lol. What accessories are coming with yours?
Not a bad idea. He sent me the spec sheet and it has carpet mats, cargo net, vehicle protection plus the tint and wheel locks. What I'm going for is to remove the vehicle protection pack, get that tint you just mentioned, add mud guards and the subwoofer if they've got it.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Not a bad idea. He sent me the spec sheet and it has carpet mats, cargo net, vehicle protection plus the tint and wheel locks. What I'm going for is to remove the vehicle protection pack, get that tint you just mentioned, add mud guards and the subwoofer if they've got it.
Cool cool. Yeah he said the standard tint is only like 35% but with the ceramic you can basically get drug dealer black on the rear and then 75% on driver and passenger windows. Let me know what they say about the Sub - the Wife wants that too but I figured we'd be waiting on that as these cars are just getting shipped as-is/take it or leave it right now...

Oh - don't suppose you asked what colour the wheel locks are did you? Sure hope they're black to match the premium wheels!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Cool cool. Yeah he said the standard tint is only like 35% but with the ceramic you can basically get drug dealer black on the rear and then 75% on driver and passenger windows. Let me know what they say about the Sub - the Wife wants that too but I figured we'd be waiting on that as these cars are just getting shipped as-is/take it or leave it right now...

Oh - don't suppose you asked what colour the wheel locks are did you? Sure hope they're black to match the premium wheels!
Looks like vehicle protection pack is not optional. He's also saying they only do standard tint and can't be changed, told him about your ceramic and see what he says. He's going to check on the mud guards and sub but thinks those can be added. Asked about the wheel locks too.

Yeah I have similar thoughts, not trying to be too picky with how hard it was to get this one lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Texted Charles Maund salesman to get my deposit back. He asked when I'm getting the one from Cedar Park because apparently my reserved car there gets there next week!
Funny that he didn't mention that anytime before I told him I was pulling my deposit... told him I might buy if he drops the mark up but something tells me ole Charles is a greedy fuck 😂
Was able to get that ceramic tint and the wheel locks are chrome but easy to replace. No word yet on sub or mud guards.

edit: Now this Charles Maund sales guy is saying the car from Cedar Park has an open campaign on it (had to look up what that even is). Probably just BS as I didn't even mention Cedar Park specifically or the VIN, but I asked about it anyways. Cedar Park salesmen responded saying all GR86s waiting to be built have an open campaign.

81 - 100 of 325 Posts