Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
2022 bRed Premium MT- waiting
15 Posts
Contacted my sales rep at Cedar Hill today. Currently #12 of 40 total, and #2 for Neptune Blue. Ordered January 13th for reference. Hopefully soon!
Was told I am now first in line at Cedar Park--- at least for my spec. Really hoping allocations start coming through. The wait is killing me lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Right behind you on that trim. I'm really surprised no allocation has come through so far. At that point I told my dealer I was going to opt in for a few extra colors so I can get one before June.
Yeah it’s gonna be awhile it seems. I wanted to add some other colors, but I ultimately decided against it to get what I truly want. Hope to get an update soon... I’m guessing there may be a new set of allocations around the 1st-5th of April.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah it’s gonna be awhile it seems. I wanted to add some other colors, but I ultimately decided against it to get what I truly want. Hope to get an update soon... I’m guessing there may be a new set of allocations around the 1st-5th of April.
At this point I am so tempted to pull out of my deposit and buy a used model. The wait is really becoming frustrating in all honesty and it feels like my deposit is a gamble. It turned out mine was non refundable despite what people have said on this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
At this point I am so tempted to pull out of my deposit and buy a used model. The wait is really becoming frustrating in all honesty and it feels like my deposit is a gamble. It turned out mine was non refundable despite what people have said on this forum.
I just wish there were some solid updates. I can deal with a longer wait if I actually had any idea what was going on, but radio silence is quite annoying.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I haven’t posted an update in a while but I’ve decided to refund my deposit from Cedar Park Toyota. It seems there is no indication of an allocation in the near future, much less one that’ll match my spec exactly. I’m comfortable with a long wait time - and was estimating at least 3 months or so until delivery - but the reality is my rep has been completely unresponsive and uncommunicative which makes me feel like there really is no point staying in line at the moment. Plus, with the 10th anniversary edition on the way and the 2023 MY vehicles coming sooner rather than later, it makes more sense for me to wait at the moment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just wish there were some solid updates. I can deal with a longer wait if I actually had any idea what was going on, but radio silence is quite annoying.
Agreed. :/
I don't even see used models showing up. Wish I could get ahold of one; I would much rather go that route if I could.
I haven’t posted an update in a while but I’ve decided to refund my deposit from Cedar Park Toyota. It seems there is no indication of an allocation in the near future, much less one that’ll match my spec exactly. I’m comfortable with a long wait time - and was estimating at least 3 months or so until delivery - but the reality is my rep has been completely unresponsive and uncommunicative which makes me feel like there really is no point staying in line at the moment. Plus, with the 10th anniversary edition on the way and the 2023 MY vehicles coming sooner rather than later, it makes more sense for me to wait at the moment.
This wait time is so rough man. My rep has also been quiet. Just been told that I would be updated once an allocation comes through.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought about it, but after hearing of only 6000 models for the first year I backed out. Hopefully as supply issues wind down in a few years I can snag a used one or buy a MY2024 or MY2025 off the lot. Also holding out for potential other special editions as well!

TBH though I also don't know if I really want to give more money towards the allocation system. As much as I like the car I haven't been pleased with the complete radio silence despite putting a solid bit of money down. Hopefully that clears itself up too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally found a GR86 out of state. I dipped out of the deposit from Cedar Park yesterday and out of luck found a new listing today and was able to place a deposit for it, completely unreserved. Now coming in for the end of May!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone else that already has their 86 put a deposit for a GR Corolla or am i the only one ?
Were you able to leave a deposit somewhere in Houston?

I don’t have an 86 yet but I’m first in line for a Circuit Edition GR Corolla at one of my local dealerships.

I’m not sure they’ll be allocated a Circuit, but if they do get one, it’s mine. It’s a car I’d really like to own but not enough to go hunting one down, especially with how limited it’s going to be and the mark ups associated with it.

For another perspective, I had contacted my rep at Cedar Park on the Friday it was announced and he ghosted me until Monday after I reached out to him again; he told me there were 22 people in line already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Texted my sales guy at Cedar Park. They got one manual last allocation so I have moved up to spot number 10. I'm pretty sure one of those involved a cancellation. So we are realistically looking at 1-2 cars per month as of right now.

That means if all goes well I should be getting my car between September and February!

For Toyota I hope the used car market doesn't drop in that same time frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Texted my sales guy at Cedar Park. They got one manual last allocation so I have moved up to spot number 10. I'm pretty sure one of those involved a cancellation. So we are realistically looking at 1-2 cars per month as of right now.

That means if all goes well I should be getting my car between September and February!

For Toyota I hope the used car market doesn't drop in that same time frame.
I've been #1 in line for a Red PMT since 417KT got theirs. I'd like to be optimistic, but literally none have came in since then.

·
Registered
54 Posts
How is everyone fairing here? Anyone gotten a manual in Texas lately? Anyone see any marked improvement in manual allocations from GST--still looks like it is heavy auto to me?

I've got 2 GR86 deposits and a GR Rolla deposit and have tried my best to focus on other things to help the time pass faster.:coffee:

·
Registered
22 Neptune Blue MT GR86
66 Posts
How is everyone fairing here? Anyone gotten a manual in Texas lately? Anyone see any marked improvement in manual allocations from GST--still looks like it is heavy auto to me?

I've got 2 GR86 deposits and a GR Rolla deposit and have tried my best to focus on other things to help the time pass faster.:coffee:
Seems like the manual trans is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain, my friend had his 86 totaled recently because of a teen on her phone. She hit the left rear corner when the car was parked in front of his house. He has since been looking locally in state and only autos are available, granted he wants a auto premium in silver but had to get one from kansas coming in a month due to dealers here becoming more and more greedy. I also have a deposit for the GR corolla but im just hoping they put some lube or let me put on lip stick so i can look pretty before they try to fuck me lol.

281 - 300 of 309 Posts