Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate... at least you won't lose a penny, if anything maybe make some $, and then pick one up again when the time is right! (y)
Thanks bud of course shitty dealers already lowballing me what sucks is I just hit a 1,000 miles so I could finally open her up but timing just wasn't right

·
Registered
22 Halo AT 86
116 Posts
Anyone have new information for the Texas region? Still waiting for an allocation and finding this to be really ridiculous now.
i think last week about 79 cars were distributed by GST, something like 77 of them being auto ( turns out mine was one of them, delivered to Cedar Park). Cedar park also had a steel and a Neptune, I assume both auto

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Middle of the month I believe.
Somebody had a Neptune Premium automatic in the Leander HEB parking lot last week with Cedar Park Toyota dealer plates on it, so cars are arriving, alas, predominantly auto's...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got screwed on my attempt to buy a Premium AT in Pavement at Universal Toyota in San Antonio.

Got a call from the salesman I was working with that my car came in early on Thursday at 8pm last week and asked if I wanted to come in and buy it and I told him it was 8pm and I can't do it cause I need to sell my car to Carvana first. He calls back saying his manager will hold it for me tonight if I come in Friday morning at 830am to come buy and I said sure.

Friday morning at 830am comes around and I meet with my salesman and the first thing he tells me is that his manager sold it out from under him that night to someone else. This still happened even though I had put down a $500 deposit and was first in line to get this specific one. This whole experience has put a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to dealerships even though I know they have always been slimy in their sales tactics.

I feel like with this market right now that the buyer has no sort of leverage when it comes to buying a new car. With lack of inventory and high demand, they can screw anyone over and move onto the next person that will buy full price and not haggle. It's just ridiculous at this point and much harder than Ithought it was going to be.

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
I feel like with this market right now that the buyer has no sort of leverage when it comes to buying a new car. With lack of inventory and high demand, they can screw anyone over and move onto the next person that will buy full price and not haggle. It's just ridiculous at this point and much harder than I thought it was going to be.
I think an unbelievable dosage of patience is the only way forward. Like you say, we have zero leverage and the seller/dealers hold the power in 9/10 cases... I'd like to say I hope things get better but with all the focus on Eastern Europe I'm just waiting to wake up to 'China just re-took Taiwan' and then shit, with their semi-conductors out of the game, we're all back to riding horseback anyway. Fun times... good luck my dude.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone with an order at Cedar Park gotten any updates yet? I put a deposit down for a Neptune Premium MT on January 18th. They said it would be 30-60 days (lol) but I doubted that even then. Last I heard from them was around the 30 day mark when I texted my salesperson what the status was looking like. Mostly AT's were coming in.

Really curious what happens if/when Toyota starts manufacturing MY23 cars.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone with an order at Cedar Park gotten any updates yet? I put a deposit down for a Neptune Premium MT on January 18th. They said it would be 30-60 days (lol) but I doubted that even then. Last I heard from them was around the 30 day mark when I texted my salesperson what the status was looking like. Mostly AT's were coming in.

It’s just ATs being allocated to our region at the moment. I’m not sure why, but we’re just getting the very short end of the stick. There’s really not much anyone can do other than wait it out.

·
Registered
2022 bRed Premium MT- waiting
15 Posts

Was told that there MAY be an allocation next week. Other that that, I'm not holding my breath. There's just no telling, unfortunately. :/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dang "may" be an allocation isn't too confidence inspiring. Wish Toyota had a bit better system. If it's going to be 6-8 months I'd at least like to know!

It's gotta come eventually lol.

·
Registered
22 Neptune Blue MT GR86
66 Posts
So I agree, unfortunately it's a shit show right now and what ever was already made or slated to come to the US for MY22 is all we are gonna see for the next couple of months trickling in. You have to take into consideration that now the Australian market is getting ready to receive their first cars and Europe along with Asia is already able to order the car. That being said, that the car is only coming out of a single factory putting a enormous constraint on them to pump the cars out, realistically if you can get a base in the color and transmission you want do it. I don't agree with the ridiculous markups but if it's something sensible like a tint and paint protection coating for like $2K I honestly would buy it at this point if I didn't already have my car , just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I agree, unfortunately it's a shit show right now and what ever was already made or slated to come to the US for MY22 is all we are gonna see for the next couple of months trickling in. You have to take into consideration that now the Australian market is getting ready to receive their first cars and Europe along with Asia is already able to order the car. That being said, that the car is only coming out of a single factory putting a enormous constraint on them to pump the cars out, realistically if you can get a base in the color and transmission you want do it. I don't agree with the ridiculous markups but if it's something sensible like a tint and paint protection coating for like $2K I honestly would buy it at this point if I didn't already have my car , just my 2 cents.
No doubt it's a difficult time, hopefully those actually making the car are being treated well. I'm just glad we will hopefully have the car sold for a few more years than Europe. I sold my Mazdaspeed already and I've got a Miata to get me to work and back so if waiting is what needs to be done then that is okay!

This just means I gotta buy something else to tide me over until it comes, right??

·
Registered
22 Neptune Blue MT GR86
66 Posts
No doubt it's a difficult time, hopefully those actually making the car are being treated well. I'm just glad we will hopefully have the car sold for a few more years than Europe. I sold my Mazdaspeed already and I've got a Miata to get me to work and back so if waiting is what needs to be done then that is okay!

This just means I gotta buy something else to tide me over until it comes, right??

I would necessarily buy something else but if you already have a deposit and the car is a "want" not a "need" since you have a car currently I would wait. I personally got lucky and got a base manual in the desired color, added the ducktail and have plans to change out the wheels, I've driven both trims and honestly the base is perfect if you want to do any mods. I also have a second car as a daily so my GR86 was a want not a must have, looking at it now I could have waited for a premium but I would have been out of luck trying to get a manual.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd like to see if I can put down a deposit or two at a few dealers for the impending GR Corolla given the state of the car market. For the GR86 I have a deposit at Houston Sterling McCall but the salespeople I have dealt with are questionable and I'm just waiting to get jerked around once they actually get my allocation.

Anyone have any straight shooter dealer/sales rep recommendations for Houston?

·
Registered
22 Neptune Blue MT GR86
66 Posts
I'd like to see if I can put down a deposit or two at a few dealers for the impending GR Corolla given the state of the car market. For the GR86 I have a deposit at Houston Sterling McCall but the salespeople I have dealt with are questionable and I'm just waiting to get jerked around once they actually get my allocation.

Anyone have any straight shooter dealer/sales rep recommendations for Houston?
Myself and 2 friends placed a deposit with that dealer and in November and waited for 3 months with the sales team just lying through their teeth just to keep stringing us along. Feb rolled around and we looked out of state and started calling local dealers to get a better idea of the situation, 1 car was bought in Colorado, 1 was bought in a dealer from Baytown and mine was bought from Fred Haas Toyota World on a whim. Called thinking of settling on a base trueno blue mt and it turned out to be a Neptune blue so I got super lucky. Get with Fred Haas Toyota World as they do have a dealer package but it's like $1400-1500 on top of Toyota added accessories, still no mark up beyond that. The package included window tint for all windows and paint protection film on certain parts of the car like the door sills, top of rear bumper and door handles . I opted out of having them touch my car when it first arrived because I'm just very picky but still wasn't a bad deal if you want something worth the money instead of a meaningless greedy markup.

261 - 280 of 309 Posts