Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Toyota Cedar Park customer here, put down a $1000 refundable deposit mid-Oct, emailed them today as the configurator is live and they said they'd be back in touch asap.
They told me (mid-Oct) that a 'handful' of people had put down deposits already for allocation vehicles, and that we were the first to put a deposit down for a custom order. Seeing as how there's so little in terms of options (other than dealer add-on's) I told them we'd happily take the first Premium Raven in Manual they had to offer us. So we shall wait and see...

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Keep us updated! I’m really interested to know how things are with that dealership. I haven’t left a deposit yet but I know they’re one of the only ones doing MSRP. Let us know if they give you any pricing changes/confirmation, accessory options, and/or delivery date confirmations.
Will do, I'm patiently/impatiently waiting!

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
I also just texted my salesperson today from Toyota Cedar Park, no updates. I'm going to be calling some other dealerships later today, will update.
Was it Mario by chance? Hopefully you're working with someone else, so if one is out of the office then another rep is in work and in the knowledge... wishful thinking but still...

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Charles Maund Toyota reached out to me today. Guy said ETA for the first few orders is December, others most likely January depending on what Toyota makes first.
I went ahead and put a refundable deposit down with them despite their $2k markup, just to have another option in case Toyota Cedar Park has deliveries that take too long for me. I suspect Charles Maund will probably get the first allocations in the Austin area (no real reason for that, just a guess).
Nice! No markup is fun but if you look at the general market right now... a $2k markup on a brand new release vehicle isn't all that bad. Not suggesting it's good, I'm just saying...
No word from Cedar Park yet, kinda hesitant to keep asking them in case I piss them off and they 'accidentally' skip over me to the next guy...

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Confirmed with my Houston dealer the price MSRP + $895 mandatory dealer installed tint package (I think they said PPF too but waiting to confirm in writing with salesperson). I would have driven it straight to get PPF / tint anyways so that works for me.

Deposit was $1,000 refundable.
"Shut up and take my money" is just about the only viable response to your salesperson lol......

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Been stated in a couple other threads but figured I'd post it here

Fred Haas Toyota country is getting a premium white MT, but they want 5k market adjustment and 2500 dealer add-on so the car is about 40k before TTL. told them to call me back when they want to sell it.
Yeeeeah… Fred can go F himself…

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Bad at math or looking to go after the gullible idiots who will pay whatever… thanks for telling him where to go because accepting stupid markup only encourages that robbery behaviour!

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Additionally , they stated all the options that are offered are "accessories "and won't actually matter you can add it later since it won't stop the car from coming off the assembly line or out of the port. So what ever options you wanted are probably going to be installed at the dealership after the car arrives in stock form is what I understood from the last conversation I had with them. I just want the subwoofer since the premium trim is the only one it will technically be a true plug and play as opposed to the base that doesn't have a amplifier included with the 6 speaker system.
Was your dealer showing all accessories when you placed your order? On the Toyota website builder for my TX zip code it's only pulling through 7 options total, and not the 2 that I want - Subwoofer and all-weather mats. But I didn't figure it was an issue, I'd just get the car the Wife wants and then buy the sub and mats at some later date when you can direct-order them or whatever.
But that sure will be useful if the dealers can order any and all accessories...

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Toyota Cedar Park just called me, they have an allocation coming in mid-late January and we will hopefully be getting what we hoped for, wouldn't say what others they had allocated as they have a wait list there and are contacting people if the car meets their spec but, MRSP plus a $650 window tint and wheel locks fee was their price, before TX sales tax/dealer doc fees etc...

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Thanks for the update, haven't received a call from them yet. So are they calling people only if the allocation meets their spec?
That's the impression I got. They have a waitlist of deposit payers with people's 'wishlist' colour/trim etc. on it so if they get a match in their allocation they're calling you.

Thanks for the update! If you could possibly get that in writing and wouldn’t mind sharing a screenshot that would be amazing. I’m trying to get a solid quote in writing to use as a bargaining chip with other dealerships.
Yep, I got the initial pdf with the VIN and car specs on it, waiting to get the full price breakdown pdf now!

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

Sales Price Breakdown:
Vehicle: $30,300
Delivery Fee: $1070
Accessories: $852

That gives you the MSRP of $32,222.00. It's a Raven Premium Manual, and the accessories are floor mats, cargo net for trunk and mud flaps
$648 - window tint and lug nuts (non-negotiable dealer add-on)
Plus dealer fees and TX State taxes of $2300 = total price of $35,344.00

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
Thanks so much for that info! I know it’s a lot to ask, but if you’re able to get a better full screen picture, please do share. I don’t mean to come off as ungrateful or anything but it’d just be really great to have a nice clean example to show in any future dealership negotiations. No obligation either, just if it’s possible down the line. Either way, really appreciate you sharing that with us. This gives us hope. Also, I noticed that a lot of the first builds all have that same accessory package; premium floor mats, cargo net, and mud flaps (plus the dealer tint/vehicle protection package).
Hey dude, I did have it as full screen but cropped it because it's personal info on the other side, but kept in the dealership name/details at the top so any other deal you showed it to would know it's legit! hopefully anyway lol

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
@HK416TX @417KT

let it go to a random walk-in who left a deposit before anyone bothered to contact me.
Unbelievable...... Well out of the blue Cedar Park text me today saying delivery should be next week, it's the one and only they're receiving on this allocation but more to come in January so I hope it works out for you guys too!

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
:(
Sorry to hear...
Still haven't heard anything back from them since they gave me the VIN... hope we won't be waiting too long now.
I plugged the VIN they gave me into the api from the reservation list; the dealer category is "A" and the dealer id doesn't match up with Cedar Park's, so that's a bit concerning for a January delivery. Not much to do except hope though lol, or maybe start looking way outside my area.
What is Cedar Park's dealer ID?
"dealerCd":"42344" Is that what you're referencing?

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
130 Posts
On the quote sheet they sent me there was no GST add-on. My worry is on the day I'll be presented with a 'revised final' version if this blanket GST markup is correct...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts