Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Track bRed GR86 Premium MT
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all,
Thought I would get us started here in the Texas category. Let's put dealer information on the GR86 here. I'm in the Austin area and have only heard back from two dealers.

Charles Maund Toyota - Austin
  • $2000 markup
  • Taking $500 refundable deposits

Toyota of Cedar Park - Leander

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just got word from salesman , gr86 will be coming in waves with the first expected to be December at the dealer so if you are in the top 5 or first 5 ppl to drop a deposit and a prebuild that is slotted to go to that dealership fits your criteria than you have a high chance of getting your car in December
Cool, thanks for the update!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Only got to call one other dealer, Round Rock Toyota. No information from them, just took my name down. Didn't ask about a deposit or markup. Not sure if this is true, but the sales guy said Toyota isn't taking any pre-orders nationwide.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Charles Maund Toyota reached out to me today. Guy said ETA for the first few orders is December, others most likely January depending on what Toyota makes first.
I went ahead and put a refundable deposit down with them despite their $2k markup, just to have another option in case Toyota Cedar Park has deliveries that take too long for me. I suspect Charles Maund will probably get the first allocations in the Austin area (no real reason for that, just a guess).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Toyota Cedar Park just called me, they have an allocation coming in mid-late January and we will hopefully be getting what we hoped for, wouldn't say what others they had allocated as they have a wait list there and are contacting people if the car meets their spec but, MRSP plus a $650 window tint and wheel locks fee was their price, before TX sales tax/dealer doc fees etc...
Thanks for the update, haven't received a call from them yet. So are they calling people only if the allocation meets their spec?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That's the impression I got. They have a waitlist of deposit payers with people's 'wishlist' colour/trim etc. on it so if they get a match in their allocation they're calling you.
Just got a text and email from them with the spec and VIN they're going after for me. No ETA yet, but he said they get another allocation on Monday so fingers crossed one comes up then!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
:(
Sorry to hear...
Still haven't heard anything back from them since they gave me the VIN... hope we won't be waiting too long now.
I plugged the VIN they gave me into the api from the reservation list; the dealer category is "A" and the dealer id doesn't match up with Cedar Park's, so that's a bit concerning for a January delivery. Not much to do except hope though lol, or maybe start looking way outside my area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Awesome, thanks mate. Well... at least it's allocated to the right dealership, guess that's a good sign. I'm just glad TX is small so we can walk everywhere for the meanwhile :sneaky:
Np, it looks like mine is allocated to a dealer in Houston, maybe they're trying to get that one from them or something who knows. And yeah just casual walks in this state no problem 😅

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
On the quote sheet they sent me there was no GST add-on. My worry is on the day I'll be presented with a 'revised final' version if this blanket GST markup is correct...
Can confirm, no GST mark up on the quote sheet they just sent me. Just $650 for tint and wheel locks. Final price is $35.6k. Though this document isn't a contract, just a sales proposal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
That's awesome news! Makes ours feel more real now if they're finally going to start receiving more vehicles. We opted to upgrade from the regular tint for ceramic for an extra $200 so we can have the windows darker for that summer heat lol. What accessories are coming with yours?
Not a bad idea. He sent me the spec sheet and it has carpet mats, cargo net, vehicle protection plus the tint and wheel locks. What I'm going for is to remove the vehicle protection pack, get that tint you just mentioned, add mud guards and the subwoofer if they've got it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Cool cool. Yeah he said the standard tint is only like 35% but with the ceramic you can basically get drug dealer black on the rear and then 75% on driver and passenger windows. Let me know what they say about the Sub - the Wife wants that too but I figured we'd be waiting on that as these cars are just getting shipped as-is/take it or leave it right now...

Oh - don't suppose you asked what colour the wheel locks are did you? Sure hope they're black to match the premium wheels!
Looks like vehicle protection pack is not optional. He's also saying they only do standard tint and can't be changed, told him about your ceramic and see what he says. He's going to check on the mud guards and sub but thinks those can be added. Asked about the wheel locks too.

Yeah I have similar thoughts, not trying to be too picky with how hard it was to get this one lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Texted Charles Maund salesman to get my deposit back. He asked when I'm getting the one from Cedar Park because apparently my reserved car there gets there next week!
Funny that he didn't mention that anytime before I told him I was pulling my deposit... told him I might buy if he drops the mark up but something tells me ole Charles is a greedy fuck 😂
Was able to get that ceramic tint and the wheel locks are chrome but easy to replace. No word yet on sub or mud guards.

edit: Now this Charles Maund sales guy is saying the car from Cedar Park has an open campaign on it (had to look up what that even is). Probably just BS as I didn't even mention Cedar Park specifically or the VIN, but I asked about it anyways. Cedar Park salesmen responded saying all GR86s waiting to be built have an open campaign.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
What does Open Campaign mean?
I thought Allocated meant they had already built the vehicle and now it could be 'allocated' to you, the buyer, to purchase...
Seeing the markups ole Charlie Boy did on their GTI's he ain't dropping that extra cash ask any time soon!
Still not completely sure what it means outside of this context. Allocation can mean that it's already built but doesn't seem to be the case for mine. And yeah as you'd expect they wouldn't drop the markup lol. Looks like a no on the mud guards and subwoofer at this time. He said their parts department isn't offering either right now. Sucks but I was only able to get the ceramic tint added on and nothing else changed. Oh well can't really complain with the state of things right now lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts