·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s finally happening!

By the way, does anyone have any idea if we’ll be getting the redesigned 86 logo as well? I’ve not seen anyone mention it yet.
Why would they change it? Is there even any talk about it? I keep up with news and hear nothing on this topic.

EDIT: Did not see the logo in the picture, I think that's just JP maybe because they have shown us it with the other one, didn't even know about this logo lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why would they change it? Is there even any talk about it? I keep up with news and hear nothing on this topic
It’s only been mentioned on the global press release and that was only just recently. I haven’t seen it mentioned by anyone yet for the U.S. market. If you notice, these cars have the new logo.

Edit: Here’s the press release - TOYOTA GAZOO Racing Launches the All-New GR86 | Toyota | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

Video (Japanese) -

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s only been mentioned on the global press release and that was only just recently. I haven’t seen it mentioned by anyone yet for the U.S. market. If you notice, these cars have the new logo.
Oh god, I have been working more than normal but still can't believe I didn't see this, I have mixed feelings about that logo. Why would they change it?!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I didn't know they changed the logo either...wth man.

I like the old one better and was hoping they would add in the 86 logo on the side and steering wheel like the current gen, guess not anymore?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh god, I have been working more than normal but still can't believe I didn't see this, I have mixed feelings about that logo. Why would they change it?!
Lol. No problem. I honestly haven’t heard of anyone noticing it yet so it might’ve just flown under the radar for everyone. I’ve only seen it on the global press release and some Japanese content. Honestly, I know people will probably have mixed opinions on it but I really like it. I feel like the logo was the only thing on the car that looked a bit dated and the new design is very minimalistic and elegant; I really hope we get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol. No problem. I honestly haven’t heard of anyone noticing it yet so it might’ve just flown under the radar for everyone. I’ve only seen it on the global press release and some Japanese content. Honestly, I know people will probably have mixed opinions on it but I really like it. I feel like the logo was the only thing on the car that looked a bit dated and the new design is very minimalistic and elegant; I really hope we get it.
Yeah, really not talked about at all which is kind of shocking and it's not a bad logo, clean and simple.

I think I'm just used to the old one. Probably will take some time to get used to it if they go through with it lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didn't know they changed the logo either...wth man.

I like the old one better and was hoping they would add in the 86 logo on the side and steering wheel like the current gen, guess not anymore?
I really like the idea behind the old one but not so much the execution. Even on the previous gen, I didn’t really like how it was just a circle/bubble on the side of the car but I know that might end up being a very unpopular opinion. I do feel like the new “logo” flows with the GR emblem better though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really like the idea behind the old one but not so much the execution. Even on the previous gen, I didn’t really like how it was just a circle/bubble on the side of the car but I know that might end up being a very unpopular opinion. I do feel like the new “logo” flows with the GR emblem better though.
I think I'm in the same position as XTC, I'm just used to the old logo but you do have a point with how the new logo does flow with the GR. I wasn't a fan on the rear lights at first but they grew on me, if anything, if they decide to use the new logo, I'm sure it'll grew on me eventually.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For the last 7 minutes or so, I compared the new to old logo and watch the video you linked.

Side by side the old one looks kind of kiddish to me now and the new one looks more mature haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
For the last 7 minutes or so, I compared the new to old logo and watch the video you linked.

Side by side the old one looks kind of kiddish to me now and the new one looks more mature haha
I definitely agree. It really streamlines the design into something more mature and elegant. At least, that was my impression. It also really allows them the opportunity to showcase the GR emblem, which I’m sure was a very important branding decision as well.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I guess from a practical standpoint, if they standardize to the 'GR' badge, and then just lettering slapped on the trunk for other GR models, it's probably less expensive and easier to mass produce. Also a standard theme, so to speak to represent the brand.

I don't mind it, has a euro vibe to it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't understand why I signed up for GR86 news from Toyota and got Supra news instead -_-
Also, has anybody noticed there are 0 adverts for the new BRZ or 86? Like actual commercials? I don't understand why there are none?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't understand why I signed up for GR86 news from Toyota and got Supra news instead -_-
Also, has anybody noticed there are 0 adverts for the new BRZ or 86? Like actual commercials? I don't understand why there are none?
Same for me.. First time I am really interested in a newsletter and then nothing happens.. All my Gr knowledge is from Youtube, google and so on but not Toyota.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Probably just timing it so that all of the dealers have a demo when they begin the advertising blits. Hard to convert sales without a demo (apart from the early adopters).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts