Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Who is that? No reason to keep it a secret I would of thought...
Salesman been giving me any updates/info he gets at the dealer. That's what he told me 🤷‍♂️ . He also said he heard they are being allocated 7 cars, whenever they do show up. Hopefully one is the one they preferenced for me. 🤞

I wouldn't take it as fact, but any info is better than no info!

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
Salesman been giving me any updates/info he gets at the dealer. That's what he told me 🤷‍♂️ . He also said he heard they are being allocated 7 cars, whenever they do show up. Hopefully one is the one they preferenced for me. 🤞

I wouldn't take it as fact, but any info is better than no info!
Thanks Stone, yeah dealers are always hit and miss. Though I would expect all of them still being effected by the development delay they had (in comparison to the BRZ). So for instance the dealer might say chip issues, but its subaru thats making them, on the same line, and from what we can garner they are on track for at least a few cars this year, potentially dealer demo very soon.

It will be very interesting if indeed there is a real difference in deliver times between the two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My guy just called. Said the Toyota rep was at the dealership today and came over to him specifically because he knew he had a GR86 ordered early. Told him they might get the car by Christmas. Initial small allocation.

He also said sometimes the reps make shit up.
😆 🎅 🤞

·
Registered
395 Posts
My guy just called. Said the Toyota rep was at the dealership today and came over to him specifically because he knew he had a GR86 ordered early. Told him they might get the car by Christmas. Initial small allocation.

He also said sometimes the reps make shit up.
😆 🎅 🤞
Who knows honestly, I just know if the official pricing and allocation doesn’t come out tomorrow, DRFT86 better talk to his salesperson about lying. Lmao

·
Registered
395 Posts
Congrats man! And same here! This one will be my first having only owned my Corolla for two years. I’m super excited to order mine! Glad you were able to find a dealer!
You talk to your dealer about not actually knowing anything yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I’ve been told by a friend - lots of dealer addons being placed on other Toyota cars so the likely hood of walking out with a car with MRSP is very small. 40K+ RAV4 with 4K rims - any thoughts on this? Better luck with Subaru BRZ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have an email from the Digital Sales Manager at Longo Toyota in El Monte,CA that it will be MSRP. They even advertise that on their website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, I somehow missed that you have a 2020 to trade. I have a 2013 Prius, and Carmax will give me $10,900. I’m really hoping I can swing a Supra 2.0, but if not, a Premium GR86. The markup on the Supras are insane. There’s a dealer in Orange, CA that has a used 2021 2.0 with 10,000 miles at about $52,000, which is about where the 3.0 with the 6 cylinder starts. That’s robbery. Hopefully, the GR86 won’t be marked up like that.
Don't get a Supra, they're over rated. If u truly want a car that is in that power range and truly Japanese, get the Nissan Z when it releases in the spring. You'll have a twin turbo v6 for crying out loud. That's pretty cool. Plus you'll have more customization options. I find it total bs that the new supra comes with 0 customization options except for paint colors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't get a Supra, they're over rated. If u truly want a car that is in that power range and truly Japanese, get the Nissan Z when it releases in the spring. You'll have a twin turbo v6 for crying out loud. That's pretty cool. Plus you'll have more customization options. I find it total bs that the new supra comes with 0 customization options except for paint colors.
I'm just glad the new GR86 and BRZ don't get nearly as much hate in here as the mk5 Supra gets on Supraforums. They really don't like that car.

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
I'm just glad the new GR86 and BRZ don't get nearly as much hate in here as the mk5 Supra gets on Supraforums. They really don't like that car.
The BRZ/86 was created as a join venture, and even though there are clear pointers to older generation AE86, that car was still just 2 door corolla! The twins are there own thing so isnt really lugged with baggage. And I think the companies being both Japanese and sharing so much of the press events formed a bond internally, and externally for fans.

Supra nameplate had too much baggage - I think if they had their time back, Toyota wouldn't of used the Supra nameplate. IMO.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The BRZ/86 was created as a join venture, and even though there are clear pointers to older generation AE86, that car was still just 2 door corolla! The twins are there own thing so isnt really lugged with baggage. And I think the companies being both Japanese and sharing so much of the press events formed a bond internally, and externally for fans.

Supra nameplate had too much baggage - I think if they had their time back, Toyota wouldn't of used the Supra nameplate. IMO.
That’s a great take.

Toyota probably doesn’t think of the Supra as their halo model as much as it’s fanbase does.

With Toyota, their models have this weird legacy of being overlooked until they’re out of production, then their legacy gets blown up to toxic proportions.

·
Registered
395 Posts
They’re pretty toxic. But this is also a GR86/BRZ Forum, so there wouldn’t be hate towards the car like that. The only time I cringe is when I see crazy takes on the twins

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don’t like the way the Z looks. It looks like a hodgepodge of different Z’s of the past.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They’re pretty toxic. But this is also a GR86/BRZ Forum, so there wouldn’t be hate towards the car like that. The only time I cringe is when I see crazy takes on the twins
just let car enthusiasts be car enthusiasts. i rather enjoy the shit talking honestly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don’t like the way the Z looks. It looks like a hodgepodge of different Z’s of the past.
I’ve said this before, I wouldn’t buy one but I would give a head nod to anyone who does because it’s something they want and they’re having fun.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts