Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got an update that the code 6255 is correct for a manual, premium, GR86. I'm going with white color.
He also said that "it's my understanding that some GR's will be allocated this month" for my region which is like Washington, Oregon, and likely a few more bordering states.
Cheer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got an update that the code 6255 is correct for a manual, premium, GR86. I'm going with white color.
He also said that "it's my understanding that some GR's will be allocated this month" for my region which is like Washington, Oregon, and likely a few more bordering states.
Cheer!
Wow that's good to hear. There hasn't been much news on what's going and toyota is still saying November for their release.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I meant the delay of the GR86
Even if it was just a rumor, all the BRZ people ordered their cars officially mid to the end of August, with deliveries in November (some even for December, from big dealers). If Toyota officially reveals the price and gets the ball rolling, it’s possible for deliveries in November for SOME dealers but it’s not too far fetched to assume a December timeframe.

·
Registered
395 Posts
#4 on the list.
That’s why I thought it was funny seeing people say how “the GR86 is a priority for Toyota then after the initial release they’ll pull back on production to produce other stuff” 🤣

If Toyota knew that sparing chips to Subaru for 86s would compromise RAV4 or even those new Tundra sales, they would delay the car without hesitation.

But in all seriousness everything is probably going as planned. There’s a reason why hybrid Tundra’s are being delayed until March with initial release in December, GR Corolla being delayed until next year, Supra being unchanged with production being pulled back on the 2.0s and, the twins being slotted for the 4th quarter of 2021.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Even if it was just a rumor, all the BRZ people ordered their cars officially mid to the end of August, with deliveries in November (some even for December, from big dealers). If Toyota officially reveals the price and gets the ball rolling, it’s possible for deliveries in November for SOME dealers but it’s not too far fetched to assume a December timeframe.
I agree. I think they introduced too many new models at the same time. I put down a deposit with my dealer, and he said it was in their system, I guess that’s not the same as placing an order

·
Registered
395 Posts
I agree. I think they introduced too many new models at the same time. I put down a deposit with my dealer, and he said it was in their system, I guess that’s not the same as placing an order
Yup, exactly what I was thinking. The issue was the 86 was suppose to be released way earlier, followed by the reveal of the GR Corolla supposedly, then the Tundra/Corolla Cross was suppose to be released around Novemberish I’m guessing.

I just remember the 86 was delayed twice and the GR Corolla just got delayed it’s second time.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts