Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Thanks! I am planning to get Red Manual Premium. This is my first sports car, so I am super excited!
Congrats man! And same here! This one will be my first having only owned my Corolla for two years. I’m super excited to order mine! Glad you were able to find a dealer!

·
Registered
59 Posts
They could of done a video for us David! - My attention span isn't what it once was :)
Do you have any better information than:

"While pricing and specifications for the GR 86 are yet to be announced, Toyota Australia has traditionally offered its entry-level 86 'GT' with smaller alloy wheels and fewer luxury features, in favour of a list price approximately $3000 less than the cheapest BRZ. Local launch timing for the new Toyota GR 86 will be announced in the final three months of 2021 – though it's not clear whether pricing will be confirmed alongside the announcement, or whether interested buyers will be forced to wait until 2022."

"In details released today, the new BRZ will start from $38,990 plus on-road costs, an increase of $3720 over the outgoing, entry-level BRZ ($35,270 before on-road costs). The initial batch due in early 2022 will consist of 500 cars, with pre-orders now open on Subaru's website. Customers are being asked to make a refundable $1000 deposit through their preferred Subaru dealer, or the Subaru Australia website. The first shipments of the new BRZ are due in late December for test drives, ahead of deliveries in early 2022."

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
Do you have any better information than:

"While pricing and specifications for the GR 86 are yet to be announced, Toyota Australia has traditionally offered its entry-level 86 'GT' with smaller alloy wheels and fewer luxury features, in favour of a list price approximately $3000 less than the cheapest BRZ. Local launch timing for the new Toyota GR 86 will be announced in the final three months of 2021 – though it's not clear whether pricing will be confirmed alongside the announcement, or whether interested buyers will be forced to wait until 2022."

"In details released today, the new BRZ will start from $38,990 plus on-road costs, an increase of $3720 over the outgoing, entry-level BRZ ($35,270 before on-road costs). The initial batch due in early 2022 will consist of 500 cars, with pre-orders now open on Subaru's website. Customers are being asked to make a refundable $1000 deposit through their preferred Subaru dealer, or the Subaru Australia website. The first shipments of the new BRZ are due in late December for test drives, ahead of deliveries in early 2022."
Yeah I do. The subaru website.

There is a bug with the specifications though, you need to go into the full build and price screen and then click the specs.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire Car

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
Somewhat helpful, so thanks. Do you know anything concrete about the GR 86 Australian specifications, price, initial delivery, etc?
Not really. I know there is an announcement in december. I'd suggest deliveries are 3 months behind the BRZ, necause this was how much they delayed the design to make it more tail happy. So deliveries starting april next year?

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
@David61
And yeah my problem is I ordered both almost a year ago, so I know my contract dates mean I will get a first batch car for both. UNFORTUNATELY my plan was to test drive them back to back and pick the one I wanted, but the blown schedule by Toyota has killed that.

I think though that I will just get the BRZ, and when my Toyota test drive day comes about and I like the GR86 more I will just sell the BRZ to someone enough to cover the finance. My assumption is toyota orders will also be sold out when they go for release.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@David61
And yeah my problem is I ordered both almost a year ago, so I know my contract dates mean I will get a first batch car for both. UNFORTUNATELY my plan was to test drive them back to back and pick the one I wanted, but the blown schedule by Toyota has killed that.

I think though that I will just get the BRZ, and when my Toyota test drive day comes about and I like the GR86 more I will just sell the BRZ to someone enough to cover the finance. My assumption is toyota orders will also be sold out when they go for release.
My guess is that demand will exceed supply to such a degree that you will sell either it will be at a hefty profit.

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
My guess is that demand will exceed supply to such a degree that you will sell either it will be at a hefty profit.
Well.. I'll just want to cover my costs. I'll be adding the factory short shifter, but thats it. I'll decide on paint protection and tint etc after I know what I'm doing with the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Toyota salesman texted me this afternoon, said as of today they were able to preference/order my GR86 pre-order.
Really wish my dealership could preference mine. I've been told multiple times that they don't preference models from Japan anymore due to the slim chances of them actually arriving with the chosen options. I'm in KY and haven't been contacted yet with an update. Hoping soon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My dealer says this today:

"I have you down for a model 6255 in K1X which is Halo (white)"

No new news from him.
I don't work for Toyota but my Googling suggests that model 6255 refers to a 86 GT see in these links.

121 - 140 of 185 Posts