Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
The wait will be really tough, even more for the folks in europe like me. I've been tempted to buy a supra many times but I really want and like the 86 and I'll be patiently waiting to get one (manual ofc)

We just have to be reaaaaaally patient, my expectations are to probably have it by december 2022 honestly

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome to the forum @Boss HOGG! Are you able to pre-order a GR86 in Australia? Have you thought about modifying the GR86 at all or keeping it stock?
Hi Ozzy, Only the BRZ preorders have started... I'm not a fan of the styling on them as much as the 86. Also, I'm told the BRZ has a more understeer bias unlike the 86 which will be more tail-happy and what I'm looking for.

I've had a heavily modified turbo NB mx5 in with 255hp, tho it was mega fun, the money on gas, lots of one-off items, if they break, cost a fortune

Most likely if I do modify it will be some lightweight racing wheels, sound system, maybe a mild exhaust and that's about it

This will be my first new car, with gasoline-powered cars being phased out in 2030, it's time to enjoy them now. I also think financially with how all the sports car prices have been, this should hold its value for go up in future.

See how the wait thing goes, worse case I'll pull the trigger on a GR Yaris .

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi Ozzy, Only the BRZ preorders have started... I'm not a fan of the styling on them as much as the 86. Also, I'm told the BRZ has a more understeer bias unlike the 86 which will be more tail-happy and what I'm looking for.

I've had a heavily modified turbo NB mx5 in with 255hp, tho it was mega fun, the money on gas, lots of one-off items, if they break, cost a fortune

Most likely if I do modify it will be some lightweight racing wheels, sound system, maybe a mild exhaust and that's about it

This will be my first new car, with gasoline-powered cars being phased out in 2030, it's time to enjoy them now. I also think financially with how all the sports car prices have been, this should hold its value for go up in future.

See how the wait thing goes, worse case I'll pull the trigger on a GR Yaris .
That’s not worst case. If I could buy the GR Yaris I would 😂

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just received this from my dealer today, I'm in the Western USA zone of Toyota distributing:

Hi Eric I just talked to my district rep again and the GR 86 has not been allocated yet and she doesn't know when it will be...in other words no official word from Toyota corp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ughh, this sucks, I was really hoping for a November delivery.

I've been borrowing my brother in law's spare car since my '21 GTI was written off in August. Don't really want to keep pushing his generosity further.

If only they would give us some sort timeline.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just talked to my dealer. Said my car is officially in production and expected at the dealership between January 1st and 8th.
I'm wondering if this is a Canada Toyota thing? I have heard unanimously from Houston area dealers that Toyota has stopped "special orders" and no one has any sort of visibility of what/when they will get cars. As such no one is even discussing pricing..I received one quote for MSRP+$5K markup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm wondering if this is a Canada Toyota thing? I have heard unanimously from Houston area dealers that Toyota has stopped "special orders" and no one has any sort of visibility of what/when they will get cars. As such no one is even discussing pricing..I received one quote for MSRP+$5K markup.
Not sure if Deeaich's dealer is being honest. My CAN dealer said the system isnt open to build orders yet and it should likely open on Dec 1 sooooo yeah I would take such optimistic news with a grain of salt..

·
Registered
512 Posts
Not sure if Deeaich's dealer is being honest. My CAN dealer said the system isnt open to build orders yet and it should likely open on Dec 1 sooooo yeah I would take such optimistic news with a grain of salt..
Dealers have been telling people their car “is in production” for the past 3 months. Lol. They know nothing

·
Registered
14 Posts
All I can say that isn't accurate according to the sales manager I'm talking to.

"The next bit of good news: we have just yesterday received word that your GR86 Premium Manual Transmission in Halo is now In Production in Japan and is expected to arrive at our dealership between January 2nd and January 8th.

What are the additional costs beyond the MSRP?

1. Halo pearl white paint finish is $255.
  2. Freight and Pre-Delivery Inspection adds $1,860, Tire Levy $25 and Air Conditioning Charge $100.
  3. Taxes additional as you would expect of 5% GST and 7% PST."

This will be the 3rd vehicle we've bought from this dealer and they've never been anything but honest.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Civic Si + 2022 GR86 SOON!
8 Posts
All I can say that isn't accurate according to the sales manager I'm talking to.

"The next bit of good news: we have just yesterday received word that your GR86 Premium Manual Transmission in Halo is now In Production in Japan and is expected to arrive at our dealership between January 2nd and January 8th.

2. Freight and Pre-Delivery Inspection adds $1,860, Tire Levy $25 and Air Conditioning Charge $100.

This will be the 3rd vehicle we've bought from this dealer and they've never been anything but honest.
While I hope this is true, I am surprised that Canadian dealers would have access to pre-orders whereas U.S dealers are still in the dark and unable to place any sort of pre-order. I work in the dealer industry, and the dozen or so Toyota dealers I have spoken with in the Northwest have not received any confirmation on allocation or when pre-orders will open up.

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
63 Posts

To me this doesn’t make sense. My Subie is supposed to arrive January yet nobody on the BRZ side knows anything until the VIN is given at which point the car is on a boat or in the US. At no point is production status indicated.

It would be very odd if one specific dealer had information about a specific car being built in a Subaru factory while the Subarus themselves are in the dark even while they are arriving at dealers.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts