Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not a fan of the side skirts and the new front, but the rear looks decent. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got the impression that the Subaru accessory parts focus more on a performance look while the Toyota accessory parts go more in a showcar direction. When I saw the 2 Toyota-made enhanced GR86 versions (the one in the video being the more tame one), I immediately had to think of NFS Underground, and how the car is modified in the same way my 12-year-old self would pimp it in the game.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a fan of the side skirts and the new front, but the rear looks decent. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got the impression that the Subaru accessory parts focus more on a performance look while the Toyota accessory parts go more in a showcar direction. When I saw the 2 Toyota-made enhanced GR86 versions (the one in the video being the more tame one), I immediately had to think of NFS Underground, and how the car is modified in the same way my 12-year-old self would pimp it in the game.
Now you say it like that I can’t stop thinking about it’s fast and furious vibe. 🤣

I know Toyota is trying to go for more of a performance driven look, especially by how the video was. Honestly….. when Toyota announced they were going to have Gazoo Racing parts for the car, I was thinking old TRD days where you can turn an old AE86 or MR2 into a reasonable track weapon.In reality Toyota just scratched off the TRD branding and smacked “GR” on it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Agree, I like GR more but I am not a fan of what did they, I think STI did a better job keeping it more simple and clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.