Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just kind of placed my order for it today. A Toyota official called me saying,
"I see that you are wanting a 2022 86? Well we can't place an order for it because Toyota isn't taking order's for any vehicle due to a chip shortage. Also, we have 0 allocations for it... Buuuuut, when they get back up to speed by December - Januarish - we'll get back to you or if u hear they're taking order's again, contact us and we'll probably figure it out. Have a good day."
I'm hoping to get on in the month of July for my 21st birthday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just notice something fun
GR86 is 300 bucks cheaper than the BRZ
But some color it requires extra $475
And on standard trim, it has only 6 speakers (higher trim is 8)
BRZ has 8 speakers on both trims

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just kind of placed my order for it today. A Toyota official called me saying,
"I see that you are wanting a 2022 86? Well we can't place an order for it because Toyota isn't taking order's for any vehicle due to a chip shortage. Also, we have 0 allocations for it... Buuuuut, when they get back up to speed by December - Januarish - we'll get back to you or if u hear they're taking order's again, contact us and we'll probably figure it out. Have a good day."
My dealer saying they could get it as fast as December but I doubt it lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
The official word from Toyota is that they’ll start arriving at dealers in December

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just notice something fun
GR86 is 300 bucks cheaper than the BRZ
But some color it requires extra $475
And on standard trim, it has only 6 speakers (higher trim is 8)
BRZ has 8 speakers on both trims
Yup. Both of them have different stuff going on

·
Registered
31 Posts
More speakers doesn't necessarily mean better sound, but my guess is they are separate tweeters? When I had an Outback (for a few years, terrible car, even with a stick) I put in the factory tweets for $100. Popped right in, wiring already there, took me 15 minutes. They did help with better defined highs. This is probably the one option pulling me to the Premium but seems easily fixed with aftermarket or factory accessory. I see the Prius tires as almost a plus for goofing around on the street.

·
Registered
65 Posts
More speakers doesn't necessarily mean better sound, but my guess is they are separate tweeters? When I had an Outback (for a few years, terrible car, even with a stick) I put in the factory tweets for $100. Popped right in, wiring already there, took me 15 minutes. They did help with better defined highs. This is probably the one option pulling me to the Premium but seems easily fixed with aftermarket or factory accessory. I see the Prius tires as almost a plus for goofing around on the street.
It’s not just two extra speakers. I believe it’s been confirmed that the speakers themselves are of different part numbers and are of higher quality than the base speakers. The head unit is also supposed to be a different brand and together contributes to higher quality audio in the premium trim.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Late December early January would make a sense since people that are ordering BRZs now are getting estimates of March. The cars are being produced in the same plant. The first BRZs got delivered late October early November. So I'm guessing about 2 months per batch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts