Votes: 12 44.4%
  • BRZ

Votes: 15 55.6%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, which headlights do you like better? I personally think the only thing better on the exterior of the BRZ vs the GR86 are the headlights. I like how the LED daytime running light strip on the BRZ flows around the bottom and into the top of the headlight vs the GR86 which just flows along the bottom. So that's probably one of the first mods I will do to the car, assumming the headlights are plug and play which I believe it will be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dont quote me but from the videos i have watched both seem to light up the same way.. The extra strip wrapping around to the top on the BRZ is actually non-functional and just aesthetic.

I ordered the BRZ limited and evidently it comes with those assisted headlights.. Kinda worried about loosing this functionality in the future if i choose to go with aftermarket styles. But yeah same thing lights will be my first mods, Esp the back.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Dont quote me but from the videos i have watched both seem to light up the same way.. The extra strip wrapping around to the top on the BRZ is actually non-functional and just aesthetic.

I ordered the BRZ limited and evidently it comes with those assisted headlights.. Kinda worried about loosing this functionality in the future if i choose to go with aftermarket styles. But yeah same thing lights will be my first mods, Esp the back.
Yeah, I liked the BRZ better at first but as you said, top part doesn't light up lol

·
Super Moderator
693 Posts

Yeah, I liked the BRZ better at first but as you said, top part doesn't light up lol
Looks pretty lit to me.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

·
Super Moderator
693 Posts
They don’t light up on top.
Might depend on what lights are on.

I noticed they completely disable when indicating.

And I've noticed a similar effect on the GR86, where it doesn't go up the side, just lights the bottom like this when headlights are on.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Might depend on what lights are on.

I noticed they completely disable when indicating.

And I've noticed a similar effect on the GR86, where it doesn't go up the side, just lights the bottom like this when headlights are on.
Top part of the lights have never lit up and even when Youtubers and people were invited to see the car at Subaru, lights have been fully turned on and top part is clearly for looks and one of the small changes from the GR86.

Subaru has even shown us a few times where they turn on their lights in a video in the dark when they were showing off the car.

·
Super Moderator
693 Posts
Top part of the lights have never lit up and even when Youtubers and people were invited to see the car at Subaru, lights have been fully turned on and top part is clearly for looks and one of the small changes from the GR86.

Subaru has even shown us a few times where they turn on their lights in a video in the dark when they were showing off the car.
So optical illusion then? Just reflective?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wonder if we'll be able to modify the headlights ourselves so that the top part lights up as well, or if it'll take the aftermarket to fix it

·
Registered
8 Posts
The border led is just a daytime running light so it is turned off when the main headlight is activated. The bottom is lighting up with the main headlight due to refraction but when running during the day the entire strip lights up.

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
89 Posts
The border led is just a daytime running light so it is turned off when the main headlight is activated. The bottom is lighting up with the main headlight due to refraction but when running during the day the entire strip lights up.
It doesn't...
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
374 Posts
The Lights do appear to be different, but neither light up on the top. It looks like the ones on the BRZ simply reflect light to give the appearance that the top also lights up. I left enough details on the below image to allow you to go look for yourself on youtube,
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts