Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit down on the next gen 86 last year at my local Toyota dealer once the BRZ was confirmed.

Its still not officially confirmed in Australia (though the BRZ has been, and we have the Toyota GR86 front end patent drawings registered early this year).

However the interesting thing was that I suddenly got a call from the car procurement team, thanking me for my order, and telling me that they will be handling the order for me from this point.

I asked them did they know anything at all new about it, and they said they have no information at this time.

Might be nothing, but get the feeling something might be happening or about to happen. We will see.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I put a deposit down on the next gen 86 last year at my local Toyota dealer once the BRZ was confirmed.

Its still not officially confirmed in Australia (though the BRZ has been, and we have the Toyota GR86 front end patent drawings registered early this year).

However the interesting thing was that I suddenly got a call from the car procurement team, thanking me for my order, and telling me that they will be handling the order for me from this point.

I asked them did they know anything at all new about it, and they said they have no information at this time.

Might be nothing, but get the feeling something might be happening or about to happen. We will see.
At the very least it's reassuring that the GR86 is coming to Australia. Did they give you an indication of when you'd hear from them again?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the very least it's reassuring that the GR86 is coming to Australia. Did they give you an indication of when you'd hear from them again?
When they have further information they can give me.

The GR86 hasn't actually been confirmed or announced anywhere in the world yet. So my assumptions is that right now anything the dealers know wont be allowed to be disclosed.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When they have further information they can give me.

The GR86 hasn't actually been confirmed or announced anywhere in the world yet. So my assumptions is that right now anything the dealers know wont be allowed to be disclosed.
That's true. I wonder what's taking Toyota so long to announce the GR86.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts