Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to pre-order a GR86 at the local Toyota dealer, and a BRZ at the local Subaru dealer. The Toyota dealer wanted $3K above MSRP and would not budge, even saying "Call around the area, you won't find a lower price." There was one BRZ Limited / MT at the Subaru lot and they were asking $47K. Sales guy said that he would take an order from me for delivery, but he couldn't guarantee the price. He said they would mark it to the market price whenever it arrived. So I didn't place an order. If other potential buyers do the same as I have I can easily see Subaru/Toyota mistaking lack of orders for lack of interest and cutting back on production plans leading to sustained higher prices leading to sustained low orders... I can wait, it's a want and not a need, but I'm also re-opening my search for other brands. GTI and MX-5 are awesome cars, too, and a new Z is coming...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tried to pre-order a GR86 at the local Toyota dealer, and a BRZ at the local Subaru dealer. The Toyota dealer wanted $3K above MSRP and would not budge, even saying "Call around the area, you won't find a lower price." There was one BRZ Limited / MT at the Subaru lot and they were asking $47K. Sales guy said that he would take an order from me for delivery, but he couldn't guarantee the price. He said they would mark it to the market price whenever it arrived. So I didn't place an order. If other potential buyers do the same as I have I can easily see Subaru/Toyota mistaking lack of orders for lack of interest and cutting back on production plans leading to sustained higher prices leading to sustained low orders... I can wait, it's a want and not a need, but I'm also re-opening my search for other brands. GTI and MX-5 are awesome cars, too, and a new Z is coming...
Honestly the new Civic SI sedans are really nice especially in the pearl grey

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called around for Subaru, too, and found that Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City will take an order for a BRZ at MSRP with that price guaranteed. I love it when a business plays it straight. July delivery, but that's what you get with covid-ravaged supply chains. I'm leaning toward the BRZ, just my personal taste in looks and ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea, I decided to pass this year for this exact reason. Not going to feed into the ridiculous over the MSRP price that dealerships will be implementing. I can wait a few years

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
1,035 Posts
That would definitely be awesome if true, although the Supra might be a little over my budget😂Actually I am just following the teasers from ToyotaUSA's ins and hoping for the best
Don’t hold your breath for an MT Supra. That rumor is at least a year old. I really wanted one, but the price is way out of reach.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.