Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not according to the guy from Subaru Australia at the event on Tuesday
Well they do have a factory in Indiana. Still surprises me though, but if they can re-tool for it then I guess that would save them a ton in shipping. Not to mention there would be 0 import tax.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You'll get yours before we do. North American cars are being manufactured IN USA. We get lumped in with everywhere else.
I thought it was a single subaru plant in japan (gunma?) that did all of them?
Hmmm....if North American cars are being built in the USA why are a lot of USA/Canadian buyers talking about their arriving cars being "on the water" and ships coming into ports.
Are they shipping (literally) within the continent? Or just to Canada?
Agree makes sense if they can build them in-country though......

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess we add this to the ever growing list of Subaru Australia not having a clue about reality?
Yes.. STILL waiting on the call back that the Subaru Australia guy from the viewing event on Tuesday said was going to happen on Wednesday. They are severely lacking in credibility in my eyes atm.

·
Super Moderator
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is not a Corolla or any other high volume car. It makes zero sense to build it in multiple locations.
It depends, how long would it take to bring a production line online? There are pretty significant shipping issue in the US, with costs sky rocketing, and since the US is its largest market and first year demand is always the highest, I wouldn't say its completely out of the ballpark.

But still, if they were going to do that then why wouldn't they announce it - the US loves that kind of local commitment.

·
Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
88 Posts
The US plant in Indiana is all about building safety-mom-mobiles for the US market. I for one want my BRZ to be made in Japan and have absolutely no association with the US plant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts