Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are suspension differences with the base model vs. the Premium?

I was wanting to get the Premium model but with the stupid active headlight system, 2 additional speakers, heavier 18 inch wheel & tire setup as well as the $2600 price increase I may be getting the base model instead, only if the suspension between the two are exactly the same.

I do like the duck bill rear spoiler but I'm sure I can get that later down the road & install myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
774 Posts
Suspension
MacPherson strut front suspension

Stabilizer bar diameter, front/rear (mm)
18/15
Multi-link rear suspension

GR circuit-tuned coil springs, shock absorbers, iron front knuckles, and rear suspension-member-mounted stabilizer bar.
It’s the same for both trims.
You can see it on the configurator.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool! Just wanted to make sure. Checked out the configurator & it says that the Premium also has heated suede seats & illuminated vanity mirrors which I do not need & is extra weight.

Too bad we can't get the GR86 RC here in the US, I would rather have that instead haha!
Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nope. I suggest you read the BRZ brochures. Between the Premium and the Limited the suspension tuning are identical. The Limited comes with the 7.5 X 18 inch wheels and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. the Cheaper Premium comes with 7.5 X 17 inch wheels and the Michelin Primacy tires. This is exactly the same on the GR86 side between the base GR86 and the Premium GR86. However, there are suspension tuning differences between the GR86 and the Subaru BRZ. Perhaps that is where you are seeing the suspension differences.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its wheels and tires and nothing else at this point.
Haha, no. No that is not right, here is the list of things that you get extra for your $2600:

Duckbill spoiler
Heated Seats
Leather and Alcantara Seats
Alcantara Dash cluster shroud and door panels
Aluminum sport pedals
Passenger seatback pocket
Adaptive front lighting system
18” matte black alloy wheels
Illuminated vanity mirrors
8 speakers
Blind spot alert with cross traffic
GVWR 3748 (66 lbs heavier than base model)
Michelin PS4 summer tires 215/40/18​

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if there are suspension differences with the base model vs. the Premium?

I was wanting to get the Premium model but with the stupid active headlight system, 2 additional speakers, heavier 18 inch wheel & tire setup as well as the $2600 price increase I may be getting the base model instead, only if the suspension between the two are exactly the same.

I do like the duck bill rear spoiler but I'm sure I can get that later down the road & install myself.

Thanks!
There are no suspension differences, but here are the list of things that you get with the Premium for your extra $2600 that the base model will not have:

Duckbill spoiler
Heated Seats
Alcantara Dash cluster shroud and Alcantara door panel areas
Aluminum sport pedals
Illuminated vanity mirrors on sun visors
8 speakers

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yes, correct but these have nothing to do with the original question about suspension that RylisPro brought up. You get all these goodies in the interior with the GR86 Premium the same as you get the BRZ Limited(with the exception of the extra duck spoiler). However, as I mentioned before there are NO suspension upgrades between the base GR 86 and GR86 Premium just as there are NO suspension upgrades between the Premium BRZ and the Limited BRZ. The one difference that exists in both models are larger wheels and tires on the GR86 Premium and BRZ Limited. As I said previously there are suspension tuning differences between Subaru and Toyota as far as the BRZ and GR86 but no suspension upgrades for the most expensive models.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, no. No that is not right, here is the list of things that you get extra for your $2600:

Duckbill spoiler
Heated Seats
Alcantara Dash cluster shroud and door panels
Aluminum sport pedals
Illuminated vanity mirrors
8 speakers
Wow! besides the rear duckbill spoiler, I am not interested in any of these extras. I would rather have less weight & use the $2600 savings to buy the rear spoiler & factory rubber floor mats. I'm sure that 3,748 isn't the weight of a GR86 though as that's heavier than my `Cuda haha!

At first I was all for getting the Premium model GR86 but I'm sure now that the base model is the better option. Glad to know that both have the exact same suspension setup & why I'm getting the GR86 in the first place.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Ice Silver Metallic BRZ
56 Posts
Wow! besides the rear duckbill spoiler, I am not interested in any of these extras. I would rather have less weight & use the $2600 savings to buy the rear spoiler & factory rubber floor mats. I'm sure that 3,748 isn't the weight of a GR86 though as that's heavier than my `Cuda haha!

At first I was all for getting the Premium model GR86 but I'm sure now that the base model is the better option. Glad to know that both have the exact same suspension setup & why I'm getting the GR86 in the first place.

Thanks!
Yeah the weight is a touch over 2800. I think the weight difference between the two trims was around 25 pounds or so iirc. Been a bit since I saw it 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts