Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are suspension differences with the base model vs. the Premium?

I was wanting to get the Premium model but with the stupid active headlight system, 2 additional speakers, heavier 18 inch wheel & tire setup as well as the $2600 price increase I may be getting the base model instead, only if the suspension between the two are exactly the same.

I do like the duck bill rear spoiler but I'm sure I can get that later down the road & install myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Suspension
MacPherson strut front suspension

Stabilizer bar diameter, front/rear (mm)
18/15
Multi-link rear suspension

GR circuit-tuned coil springs, shock absorbers, iron front knuckles, and rear suspension-member-mounted stabilizer bar.
It’s the same for both trims.
You can see it on the configurator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool! Just wanted to make sure. Checked out the configurator & it says that the Premium also has heated suede seats & illuminated vanity mirrors which I do not need & is extra weight.

Too bad we can't get the GR86 RC here in the US, I would rather have that instead haha!
Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nope. I suggest you read the BRZ brochures. Between the Premium and the Limited the suspension tuning are identical. The Limited comes with the 7.5 X 18 inch wheels and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires. the Cheaper Premium comes with 7.5 X 17 inch wheels and the Michelin Primacy tires. This is exactly the same on the GR86 side between the base GR86 and the Premium GR86. However, there are suspension tuning differences between the GR86 and the Subaru BRZ. Perhaps that is where you are seeing the suspension differences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts