Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
643 Posts
they have these weird manual only disclaimers on a lot of the parts for some odd reason, and I imagine it's because they didn't bother testing them on it vs the manual, but there should be zero reason why you cant on the majority of them. One I can think of that does not fit is the underbracing and that is actually due to the AT being different dimensions iirc.

Yes, the BBK fits the Premium wheels (not sure on the base).

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I was wondering about ABS. On the one hand, you'd think that lockup would be lockup, who cares what combination of braking & traction caused it? On the other hand, the system has to react dynamically, so if the brakes are more aggressive than standard, the system might continually overapply pressure and keep initiating lockup to the point that the ABS function essentially no longer works.

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
809 Posts
I was wondering about ABS. On the one hand, you'd think that lockup would be lockup, who cares what combination of braking & traction caused it? On the other hand, the system has to react dynamically, so if the brakes are more aggressive than standard, the system might continually overapply pressure and keep initiating lockup to the point that the ABS function essentially no longer works.
I think the idea is that ABS is unclear on how far it needs to release the pressure in the line to allow for slip. Since there's a larger volume of fluid in monoblocks, it might release it too car and create too much slip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts