Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not only is Europe getting the GR Corolla, but the US is too!
Pricing is said to start from $30,000
I've said it once and I'll say it again, Toyota is killing the game right now! In my opinion they can't really be touched. They have 2 fantastic sports cars in the Supra and the 86, the corolla hatch has been waiting on the verge of greatness that it now fulfills with the hot hatch GR turboed version. Not in the states they have the GR Yaris and they have that hyper car that was at Le Mans. Plus the rest of the line up is pretty damn solid as well. They really know how to give people fantastic and reliable vehicles. The future looks bright for Toyota for sure.

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Reports are coming from Japan about the GR Corolla's specs could be.
  • 300 ps (296 HP)
  • Six-speed manual transmission
  • Automatic rev-matching like the GR Yaris
  • AWD and the GR Yaris' adjustable torque split
  • Widened fenders, a different front bumper, and unspecified aerodynamic tweaks
  • ¥3.5 million to ¥4 million ($32,400 to $37,000)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
  • 300 ps (296 HP)

This has me even more curious as to what GR Corolla driving dynamics will be like compared to the GR Yaris on the street and around the track. Along with the current Civic Type R with specs so close. But I hear the 11th Type R could also go AWD with more power.

·
Registered
260 Posts
A 300 HP 3banger with 70% of the torque going to the back, and a manual! This thing will be sick if this is true!
If they use the Yaris' 3 cylinder engine that would be sweet. Part of me wonders if they'll do something with the Corolla's 4-cylinder instead.

·
Registered
332 Posts
  • 300 ps (296 HP)

If this is actually what comes to North America I might have to stop and think if I want this or the GR86.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts