Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks good! That second photo, that's just the xse right? It's really blurry for me.

Man I really like the idea of a corolla with the gr yaris drivetrain... The only thing holding me back would be price point. The GR86 seems like the choice if you don't need AWD and four doors, being many thousands less expensive.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! That second photo, that's just the xse right? It's really blurry for me.

Man I really like the idea of a corolla with the gr yaris drivetrain... The only thing holding me back would be price point. The GR86 seems like the choice if you don't need AWD and four doors, being many thousands less expensive.
That’s the XSE for sure.

I see the GR Corolla more as the Type R fighter where the 86 is around the Si level. I think Toyota finally has a great lineup

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hatches aren't really my thing but you can't deny how awesome this thing is going to be, a 100% Toyota sports car with AWD with around 250 to 300hp. Even I might be temped to buy one lol
With how long my dealer is taking I’ll be able to decide soon it seems. Kirk and I were talking about how it’s probably going to be revealed soon since they’re ramping up the teasers. If I end up getting the GR Corolla I won’t really want anything else, I know if I get the 86 the GRC will always tempt me. 😂

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
With how long my dealer is taking I’ll be able to decide soon it seems. Kirk and I were talking about how it’s probably going to be revealed soon since they’re ramping up the teasers. If I end up getting the GR Corolla I won’t really want anything else, I know if I get the 86 the GRC will always tempt me. 😂
Or if the market stays as hot as it is, get your 86 stock, ride around and trade it in for practically what you bought it for to get the GRC lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Or if the market stays as hot as it is, get your 86 stock, ride around and trade it in for practically what you bought it for to get the GRC lol
It’s a possibility but we’ll see. If the GR Corolla purchasing wise is similar to the GR Yaris, it’ll be a huge wait time anyways.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yeah, I like the GR86 so much but if you're between the two, it's kind of hard not to choose the GRC lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I like the GR86 so much but if you're between the two, it's kind of hard not to choose the GRC lol
That’s my issue for sure. I also use to own a FRS for the longest so I love the platform.

I also have 2 really small kids so who knows. We’ll see though. The dealers I contacted seem to drag their feet so much that the whole process is annoying to me

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.