Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
GR86 - Neptune Flavor
256 Posts
Since the two cars share only 2 items.. the G and R, i doubht very much anything carries over w.o sigificant modifications.

See if local junkyard has BRZ/FRS/GT86 and late gen corolla and see how close seat mounts are.

· Registered
GR86 - Neptune Flavor
256 Posts
If its fixes the piss poor seat recline angle reset every time you toss stuff in back seat - it might be worth it.

Do our seats have SRS airbags in them? That might be biggest issue.

· Registered
'22 WR Blue
616 Posts
Do our seats have SRS airbags in them? That might be biggest issue.
Yes they do. It would unlikely be a straight swap.

Also as stated they are probably at a much higher seating height than our stock seats and therefore won't fit well.

· Registered
2022 GR86 Premium
211 Posts
Forget the seats, those look heavy as hell anyways. I want that alcantara steering wheel!

I highly doubt they will fit, one thing everyone seems to forget is the 86 is mostly subaru and the Corolla is Toyota, so I would be quite surprised if the seats came even remotely close to lining up. Just go buy a pair of recaro sportsters and call it a day, they would probably be cheaper too

· Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
816 Posts
They look great, but the Corolla seats are apparently a bit wider and are not as aggressively bolstered (so they aren't the greatest at holding). I prefer my stock premium seats tbh. A few of the reviewers mentioned this, albeit not comparing them to the 86.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Window

· Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up a GR Corolla and have a 22 BRZ, I will check the to see if the mounting brackets line up and update this post. In regards to comfort the GR Corolla seats would be the better road trip car with far more cushioning as way softer more spread out bolsters. The also don't have near the bolstering of the 22 BRZ. For track work definitely the BRZ/GR86. For reference I am 5"10 180 LBS.

· Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT (pre-order)
227 Posts
Honestly, just get the GR logo stiched into the headrest and call it a day. I have actually considered this route, but have been too busy to look into. Kind of surprised Toyota didn't do this as GR is already all over the interior. But I guess they didn't want to make BRZ owners feel that much more inferior....(ha JK)

· Registered
2022 GR86 6AT Base Steel
753 Posts
I would like to raise the passenger seat in my GR86, but am afraid to make modifications. I saw posts about using riser blocks/cylinders in the gen 1 86/BRZ, but some say the bolts may sheer if you get in an accident. I was looking at using a driver side assembly to put on the passenger side that would allow it to go up and down, but there are so many sensors and specifics. I am sure you can make any seat work, but will they be safe and/or fit all the sensors etc. The seats are a critical part of safety testing etc. If you would get in an accident and someone gets really hurt, and they find you modified your seats, would that cause liability/legal issues? Also, the GR86/BRZ while not SGP, is designed around that, and the GR Corolla is TNGA-C platform. So they are different.

· Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
816 Posts
Honestly, just get the GR logo stiched into the headrest and call it a day. I have actually considered this route, but have been too busy to look into. Kind of surprised Toyota didn't do this as GR is already all over the interior. But I guess they didn't want to make BRZ owners feel that much more inferior....(ha JK)
They planned to but middle of the seat vs the headrest. It's in the concept images for design I posted in another thread.

Toyota also makes this $600 leather seat covers for this car that have the GR logo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts