Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR 86
190 Posts
I do wonder how different the quick shift kit is. Reviewers say the stock shifter is already pretty good on the car.

·
Registered
'14 BMW M235i (Previously '13 GT86, '09 Audi S4)
9 Posts
True true but honestly I really want to to have some Brembo's or better looking brake options. The brakes on the car I hear do the job but could look a bit better lol
Yes I think the stock brakes look awful haha. I'm sure there will be an option for trd (gr?) callipers, but it wont be cheap. I'm hoping there will be a performance pkg available on release.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes I think the stock brakes look awful haha. I'm sure there will be an option for trd (gr?) callipers, but it wont be cheap. I'm hoping there will be a performance pkg available on release.
Knowing Toyota it’s going to be pretty simple at launch, Premium and Base. We probably won’t get a performance package like the TRD package on the previous Gen until later.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
True true but honestly I really want to to have some Brembo's or better looking brake options. The brakes on the car I hear do the job but could look a bit better lol
Aftermarket will get your sorted bro. When the first gen released everyone bought Brembos and Wilwoods to replace those brakes until the TRD and ts package released

·
Registered
'14 BMW M235i (Previously '13 GT86, '09 Audi S4)
9 Posts
Aftermarket will get your sorted bro. When the first gen released everyone bought Brembos and Wilwoods to replace those brakes until the TRD and ts package released
I wonder if brakes will be the same as the previous model. Im guessing they will as they look the same and the rotors are the same size. That would mean there is already lots of well priced, well proven bbk's available.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I wonder if brakes will be the same as the previous model. Im guessing they will as they look the same and the rotors are the same size. That would mean there is already lots of well priced, well proven bbk's available.
That’s true, also a big benefit is Toyota/Subaru giving these aftermarket companies vehicles to build parts. A little after launch we should be seeing a decent amount of options. That’s me going off of the Supra aftermarket with only 2 years in.

·
Super Moderator
241 Posts
Easy fix - You can always paint the brakes yourself, spray them however you like. There are heaps of vids online to show you how, some techniques you don't even need to remove the assembly, just the wheel.

I think you will need to use high temp paint if you are tracking the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Easy fix - You can always paint the brakes yourself, spray them however you like. There are heaps of vids online to show you how, some techniques you don't even need to remove the assembly, just the wheel.

I think you will need to use high temp paint if you are tracking the car.
Painting them wouldn't really matter, I don't like how they look lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Smoking tire confirmed the price starting under 30k and there will be GR accessories like a quick shifter, exhaust etc.

So with everyone curious about pricing and potential launch accessories it kind of clears things up! Looks like when the embargo is lifted we’ll get an official price as well.

They talk about price and accessories around 44:56
Is the Knee Pad going to be an issue?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts