Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Smoking tire confirmed the price starting under 30k and there will be GR accessories like a quick shifter, exhaust etc.

So with everyone curious about pricing and potential launch accessories it kind of clears things up! Looks like when the embargo is lifted we’ll get an official price as well.

They talk about price and accessories around 44:56

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Smoking tire just had a live podcast where the talked about driving characteristics of the new 86 and confirmed the price starting under 30k and there will be GR accessories like a quick shifter, exhaust etc. Usually the live videos will be reuploaded later and when it does I’ll post it on here.

So with everyone curious about pricing and potential launch accessories it kind of clears things up! Looks like when the embargo is lifted we’ll get an official price as well.

Nice I look forward to more details later

·
Registered
601 Posts
If GR came out with lowering springs, sway bars, etc. would anyone here be interested in those?
An entire line of GR performance upgrades, enough to be an actual package, can really help.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If GR came out with lowering springs, sway bars, etc. would anyone here be interested in those?
An entire line of GR performance upgrades, enough to be an actual package, can really help.
Sway bars and exhaust is all I’m interested in on release.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What you said and maybe a CAI, can’t see them doing much more without going ballistic but I’m glad to see they are adding performance accessories, I plan on adding them all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What you said and maybe a CAI, can’t see them doing much more without going ballistic but I’m glad to see they are adding performance accessories, I plan on adding them all.
It’ll be good for early adopters though, having you completely warranty backed while seeing if we have any little issues is nice. A lot of the J29 MkV Supra guys had to learn the hard way. Lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
It’ll be good for early adopters though, having you completely warranty backed while seeing if we have any little issues is nice. A lot of the J29 MkV Supra guys had to learn the hard way. Lol
True! That’s why I’m getting it all installed from factory lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a believer of the aftermarket. I feel like the aftermarket always produces better mods. But I can't deny the warranty backing as being a big pro. I think out of the list, I'd go for braces, bars, quick shifter kit, and 18" forged wheels. The rest either I'm not interested, or I can install myself later on when aftermarket options begin popping up. I'm curious as to what the "And more!" consists of...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm a believer of the aftermarket. I feel like the aftermarket always produces better mods. But I can't deny the warranty backing as being a big pro. I think out of the list, I'd go for braces, bars, quick shifter kit, and 18" forged wheels. The rest either I'm not interested, or I can install myself later on when aftermarket options begin popping up. I'm curious as to what the "And more!" consists of...
Considering it’s the first year, it’s the safest way of enjoying the car without voiding anything. Unless you went and bought your MX5 again then you have a sorted sports car with a good aftermarket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Considering it’s the first year, it’s the safest way of enjoying the car without voiding anything. Unless you went and bought your MX5 again then you have a sorted sports car with a good aftermarket.
Completely agree. No aftermarket mods for me at least for the first year. Not interested in being one of those first year Guinea Pigs!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Completely agree. No aftermarket mods for me at least for the first year. Not interested in being one of those first year Guinea Pigs!
I was last generation and lucked out. Lol!

My brother who got the BRZ just had the light condensation issue.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts