Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Everything’s out to get us! Wow, massive bummer. But, @86Choco is right: at least you can replace the whole fender and it’ll be good as new! Looks like the hood survived!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If it makes you feel better my body shop was able to match the white paint quite nicely after I was hit and run.

-Ghost
I'm worried about the "texture" of the paint. Alot of times they buff the hell out of a pannel and it will look smoother than the others.

Insurance is another issue, the sheet metal came from the business I work for so who's insurance will cover it? I'm going to file a claim with mine but hopefully it will be 100% covered including the deductible..... via works insurance. I'm assuming my insurance company will deal with theirs for me.

Then there's diminished value....

What a PITA.

Assuming I can request to keep the wheel? Yes, its scratched as well... oddly enough the impact was hard enough to tweek the tie rod, the steering wheel is not perfectly straight anymore. They are going to do an alignment on it as well.

May keep the fender as well, screw it to the wall of shame at work.

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR86 Premium 6MT (pre-order)
201 Posts
I'm worried about the "texture" of the paint. Alot of times they buff the hell out of a pannel and it will look smoother than the others.

Insurance is another issue, the sheet metal came from the business I work for so who's insurance will cover it? I'm going to file a claim with mine but hopefully it will be 100% covered including the deductible..... via works insurance. I'm assuming my insurance company will deal with theirs for me.

Then there's diminished value....

What a PITA.

Assuming I can request to keep the wheel? Yes, its scratched as well... oddly enough the impact was hard enough to tweek the tie rod, the steering wheel is not perfectly straight anymore. They are going to do an alignment on it as well.

May keep the fender as well, screw it to the wall of shame at work.
Was this caused by a collision of some sort? If not, for example a fallen object, make sure you file as a comprehensive claim which won't affect your rates and will not show as a collision on Carfax. Good luck.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
462 Posts
I hope they can match the paint.
They will likely need to spray the entire side of the car if they do it properly. My car has a tiny dent on the door in a spot that traditional PDR cannot repair (since the day it was new), and that's what the dealer offered to do in order to match it/blend it in properly post bodywork. I'm instead going to have a glue pull done on it, but this is a typical thing afaik.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They will likely need to spray the entire side of the car if they do it properly. My car has a tiny dent on the door in a spot that traditional PDR cannot repair (since the day it was new), and that's what the dealer offered to do in order to match it/blend it in properly post bodywork. I'm instead going to have a glue pull done on it, but this is a typical thing afaik.
They are blending the hood and the door.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was this caused by a collision of some sort? If not, for example a fallen object, make sure you file as a comprehensive claim which won't affect your rates and will not show as a collision on Carfax. Good luck.
Some tim roofing that was used to cover wood beams flew off a rack, 20 or so feet over a fence and in to the fender. I'm hoping works insurance company will pick up the bill. I think they can increase rates on comprehensive insurance as well and then there's the deductible I'll have to pay out of pocket. It's not like it's 2019, $500 is alot to me any more.

·
Registered
'22 bRed GR86 Premium MT
180 Posts
they will probably write to repair the wheel. it's like $150-$250 to have a wheel sanded and refinished

1 - 17 of 17 Posts