Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao!

My name is Andrea and I write from Italy, I was born in the mid-70s and I am lucky enough to live between the sea and the mountains in the north of Tuscany.

I normally drive a C-HR with a small supercharged engine 馃槾, but when I have some free time I enjoy my wife's MX-5. 馃槇
In a world of big SUVs, low speed limits, heavy traffic, green consciousness awakening, I still like sports cars, and my Toyota is beautiful but not very sporty...

I was evaluating the Lexus RC Hybrid, but it is very heavy and has a not very sporty engine (V8 in Italy is for ballers only 馃) or the 2.0 Supra, which I find too flashy for my taste.
When I learned that the new BRZ would not arrive in Europe (thank you very much Greta ...馃挬) I hoped that at least Akio Toyoda could give me a little satisfaction!

After Supra and GR Yaris why not complete the range with the 86? You can imagine how happy I was when Toyota Europe finally confirmed the arrival of the GR86.

And (I hope) it will be my next car! 馃槑

Registered
Ciao @Alstare! Welcome to the forum! Are you looking to add the GR86 along with your C-HR and Miata or would you trade in one of them?

Also, I'm really interested in your C-HR. What supercharger do you have on it and how much power does it have now?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to replace the MX-5 RF with the GR86, I mainly use the C-HR for work, my wife has recently replaced her Mini Cooper with a Lexus UX Hybrid and as a result we now have a real family car. This time I would like to choose the toy car!

I don't know what turbocharger is under the hood, but the result is not that great. Didn't you think I installed it? 馃槣 Here in Europe the first generation of C-HR was available with the boring Prius 1.8 Hybrid powertrain or this small four-cylinder. At least it has a six-speed manual gearbox with rev-matching downshift function (Toyota iMT) which allows you to try to have some fun in sport mode.

Only for the second generation of CH-R the 2.0-liter Dynamic Force was made available, as on the UX, and there is no lack of thrust.

Registered
I would like to replace the MX-5 RF with the GR86, I mainly use the C-HR for work, my wife has recently replaced her Mini Cooper with a Lexus UX Hybrid and as a result we now have a real family car. This time I would like to choose the toy car!

I don't know what turbocharger is under the hood, but the result is not that great. Didn't you think I installed it? 馃槣 Here in Europe the first generation of C-HR was available with the boring Prius 1.8 Hybrid powertrain or this small four-cylinder. At least it has a six-speed manual gearbox with rev-matching downshift function (Toyota iMT) which allows you to try to have some fun in sport mode.

Only for the second generation of CH-R the 2.0-liter Dynamic Force was made available, as on the UX, and there is no lack of thrust.

Ohh ok I thought it was an aftermarket turbo that you added to the car haha.

Registered
Ciao Alstare,

In 2018 I spent a month travelling through Northern Italy. This was mostly by way of your excellent train service. The train service in Australia is not generally as good as in Italy.

I especially loved Verona, Lake Garda and Cinque Terre. I have yet to drive in your amazing country. It is on the list when COVID-19 allows.

I am on this forum because I have ordered a GR86 as soon as it was possible in Australia.

My car will have the excellent Aisin six speed automatic transmission. I live in a large city and changing gears using a clutch in heavy traffic is not pleasant.

I unlike almost everyone else did NOT want a turbocharger and am very happy the engine is naturally aspirated.

I chose the Toyota over the Subaru because it has the more cohesive design.

Did you watch the international launch live from Tokyo? I did. However, as it was all in Japanese, I did not understand much of the dialogue.

I intend to drive the new car on its limits and 173kW and 250Nm will more than adequate. I left foot brake.

Stay safe

David

Registered
Ciao Alstare,

In 2018 I spent a month travelling through Northern Italy. This was mostly by way of your excellent train service. The train service in Australia is not generally as good as in Italy.

I especially loved Verona, Lake Garda and Cinque Terre. I have yet to drive in your amazing country. It is on the list when COVID-19 allows.

I am on this forum because I have ordered a GR86 as soon as it was possible in Australia.

My car will have the excellent Aisin six speed automatic transmission. I live in a large city and changing gears using a clutch in heavy traffic is not pleasant.

I unlike almost everyone else did NOT want a turbocharger and am very happy the engine is naturally aspirated.

I chose the Toyota over the Subaru because it has the more cohesive design.

Did you watch the international launch live from Tokyo? I did. However, as it was all in Japanese, I did not understand much of the dialogue.

I intend to drive the new car on its limits and 173kW and 250Nm will more than adequate. I left foot brake.

Stay safe

David
Welcome to the forum @David61! Have you owned other sports cars similar to the GR86? Or is this going to be your first one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts